StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Katie Couric on the CBS Evening News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any of you guys watch her?  I grew up watching Dan Rather with my grandfather and that became a tradition in our family of sorts.  I didn't like Schieffer too much at all, I think his niche is on the sunday shows where he shines.  I really enjoyed the two broadcasts Couric has done, I think she's here to stay and that Charles Gibson better think of another career.

Any thoughts?
[got2go]

Big Grin
I've always thought Katie was kinda hot. Big Grin

Used to watch Jennings, before he died, and always enjoyed his smooth delivery and thoughtful, inquisitive nature. Can't think of the guy's name that's replaced him, but he's an asshat and holds his mouth funny. Distracting.

Between that, and how virulently anti-tobacco NBC's gotten since Jennings died of lung cancer, I'm looking for alternatives.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
I think Katie sucks. She's extremely biased, uneducated on her topics and way to liberal for me.

Tongue
lumbergh Wrote:I think Katie sucks. She's extremely biased, uneducated on her topics and way to liberal for me.

Tongue
Ditto!!
Personally, I won't watch her.  I hated her in the morning.  She was so damned perky it pissed me off first thing!  I just don't think she'll be able to deliver what I'm looking for from my seriousness news. 

I'll stick to Stewart, Colbert and the rest of the fake, comedy-based news!
You want news, watch the BBC! 
lz6 Wrote:You want news, watch the BBC! 

Ahah True.  I find it much more interesting.  Tongue
And suprising how much America is in their news.

I havn't watched her on the news yet.
lz6 Wrote:You want news, watch the BBC! 
Seriously.  I don't see how anyone can call that network crap news.  "Maybe if we overpay her by $14.75 million dollars, people will tune in".  This is seriously a plan for how to improve the nightly news?  So sorry, but in these days of declining viewership, they've lost me entirely, and this is just a symptom of why.
lumbergh Wrote:I think Katie sucks. She's extremely biased, uneducated on her topics and way to liberal for me.

Tongue
that woudl be 99% of the news, not just her.
Pages: 1 2