StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Deodorizing a cooler??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright I think this has been asked before but I am going to ask again lol. Last year I bought a brand new cooler and loaded it up with about 10 boxes of Acid cigars lol (I am still not proud of what I did lol) Anyways I ran out of room every where else and now have to resort to busting out this cooler. It still has a faint odor of that wonderful Acid cigar smell. Any ideas on how to try and get rid of it. Its not to bad but I want to make sure that it won't  "infect" the rest of my good smokes that I will be puting in there. I wiped it down and have it open to air out as we speak.
Leave it open for a few days and whatever you put in there will probably quickly overcome any trace of that nasty acid ordor...........oh and here is for having any of the stinky cigars at all LT...........[spank]
lz6 Wrote:Leave it open for a few days and whatever you put in there will probably quickly overcome any trace of that nasty acid ordor...........oh and here is for having any of the stinky cigars at all LT...........[spank]
LOL!! thanks Bob I definitley deserve that. The funny thing is I actually had a hard time giving them away to people. Its amazing to see how far I have come in just one year of hard core collecting Smile
Tony, you may even want to try putting in a few empty "good" boxes just to help things along. I wipe my coolers -when new- with a little vanilla extract. Leave closed for a couple of hours and then wipe with diluted bleach. Let that air out for a day and then put in some cedar boxes for a day. Works great for me and their is no smell of any kind.

Before I used coolers for what God intended them to be used for, I would actually put fish in them. At some point, one stayed in there for an extra day or so and I thought I would have to throw the cooler away. A buddy of mine told me about the vanilla trick and I still use that same cooler today. No problem.
Tfire136 Wrote:Alright I think this has been asked before but I am going to ask again lol. Last year I bought a brand new cooler and loaded it up with about 10 boxes of Acid cigars lol (I am still not proud of what I did lol) Anyways I ran out of room every where else and now have to resort to busting out this cooler. It still has a faint odor of that wonderful Acid cigar smell. Any ideas on how to try and get rid of it. Its not to bad but I want to make sure that it won't  "infect" the rest of my good smokes that I will be puting in there. I wiped it down and have it open to air out as we speak.
Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:  [wow]
i've used baking soda dissolved in hot water, seemed to get the "new plastic" smell out of new coolers. of course, acid cigars are known to penetrate up to 6 inches of lead armor, so i don't know... Big Grin
Bungalowbill Wrote:i've used baking soda dissolved in hot water, seemed to get the "new plastic" smell out of new coolers. of course, acid cigars are known to penetrate up to 6 inches of lead armor, so i don't know... Big Grin

Baking soda will do the trick...Acid cigars...WTF???
cigarsarge Wrote:
Bungalowbill Wrote:i've used baking soda dissolved in hot water, seemed to get the "new plastic" smell out of new coolers. of course, acid cigars are known to penetrate up to 6 inches of lead armor, so i don't know... Big Grin

Baking soda will do the trick...Acid cigars...WTF???

def. Baking soda and some activated charcoal if you can find it.

Also, anything with excess oxygen... That laundry detergent, peroxide, an ozone air purifier... Oxygen is magic.
Tony, you could use bleach and soapy water and scrub it and let it air dry.