StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: What blows a breeze up your kilt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been speaking about my other passion in life on another thread and it got me thinking.

Lets take it as written that your wife/family/children/partners/Red heads etc etc are the main passion, but what else do you folks have in your life apart from cigars that gets your juices flowing more than anything else?

I'll start.

Bikes .... motorcycles to be more precise. Ducati's are the drug of choice since I have owned 7, and Harleys are a close second with 3 thus far.

Over to you folks.

Cool

That's a really good question Parkster, and well I don't have an answer:? to that. 
Well to tell you the truth I haven't had alot of time for myself in a really long time so no hobbies that are too exciting (well until the kids get older), but now that you got me thinking it was when we used to get a call for an MVA head on out in the county and driving code 3 with the pedal to the floor board not knowing what we are about to see.  The adrenaline rush was awesome, its been over 8 years since I felt that feeling.  I guess for me it was helping other people.  The satisfaction knowing I helped someone blows a breeze up my kilt WinkBig Grin  Thanks for the memories Dave.
Nothing really gets my juices flowing , but i really enjoy golf and drag racing.
Wow. Tough question. Its been awhile since I thought of something like that. Like Po, with the wife & kids...Hmmmm....I'm going to have to think about this.
you mean there are things other than wife, children, family, partners and red heads?

duke
Will have to agree about the Harleys, Dave.  I'm already stoked about going to Sturgis next year.  Taking two weeks off and cruisin' all the back roads with my wife on her Harley and my brother-in-law and his wife along on theirs.  A new adventure every day.

At 61 years old it is pretty quiet comparatively speaking. Back in the day it was motorcycles post vietnam. Chasing adrenaline big time with that one, racing Z1's for Kawasaki of Monterey in the mid 70's at Laguna Seca and Sears Point. Bike was partly sponsored by Denco/Yoshimura racing out of San Jose and was pretty good at it. Crashed it in the early spring at Sears Point when a hale storm came out of nowhere, gave racing up on the spot and in fact gave bikes up altogether at that point. Been doing leaded glass windows for 35 years on a contract basis and will pursue that into retirement. 
Fishing.

Nothing at all like being teathered to a Mako shark that weighs more than I do, and feeling his fight for survival.
Thanks for bringing this up Dave,

My problem is that I have way to many hobbies but not the money for them.Aside from cigars I like to Golf-a recent addiction- I paint and do graffiti art, I skateboard and snowboard........since I go to school my money goes there first......and now you guys know why I can never fill my 50ct humidor.Wink
Pages: 1 2 3