StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: RUBY MOUNTAINS HUNTING HERF!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About 3 months ago NDOW had a drawing for a 1000 free game tags in the northern nevada areas, all you had to do was submit you info on the web site at an exact time on an exact day, but getting through was a nightmare me and father in law tried like 20 times, and apperently we got through because the tags showed up in the mail a week ago.  I knew he was already going a week ago but I had a deadline at work and did not think I could go, but things changed and im-a-packin my crap! The is relevant to cigars because im pissed that my order is not here and I have cob webs and 3 monte 4's and a psd in my humidor.  Were gonna have to get some special sticks for this one.   To the b&m I go whooosssshhhh!!!
Good luck Sal. Which hunt is the tag for? What game?
I think Deer is still going in Cali
Our deer season here in GA starts in Sept. and ends in January. I hunt in WV and PA too.
i became a true cigar smoker on a hunting trip...

after that trip I needed to have a cigar with me at all times...

that was over 30 years ago
Pops filled the doe tag, before I got up there if anyone was curious. she was a fatty we went out and bought a grinder and a smoker at bass pro yesterday and were up all night processing. made 5 ponds of jerky(smoking today), about 10 of breakfast sausage, and I think 10 or so summer sausage rolls at a half pound each.
DD, the doe tag was for area 6. from what I understand the reason there was a free drawing in the first place is because they wanted to get some hunters up there to push the game out because there was a hufe wildfire so they can not eat and survive in that area. very flat like savannah or tundra terain
SaL Wrote:Pops filled the doe tag, before I got up there if anyone was curious. she was a fatty we went out and bought a grinder and a smoker at bass pro yesterday and were up all night processing. made 5 ponds of jerky(smoking today), about 10 of breakfast sausage, and I think 10 or so summer sausage rolls at a half pound each.
Sorry to hear that your Pops got it before you had a chance to get there.  Sounds awsome though.  Have you guys ever made deer salami?  Great stuff
hmmm.. salami? would the spices and seasonings be different than summer sausage?
SaL Wrote:hmmm.. salami? would the spices and seasonings be different than summer sausage?
Yeah, a little different, needs a little more kick for flavorTongue
Pages: 1 2