StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Started planning the man cave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Priced out most of what I'll need to make the 8'x11' man cave int eh basement. When did drywall get sooooooooooooo exspensive, I think thelast itme i bought it it was liek $6/sheet.

Anywho, getting a price on a industrial exhaust fan froma freind that sells all kind of industrial stuff, compressors, toos et al..., he can give it to me for %3 above cost, i'll get teh quote tomorrow. Dependign onthe price of the fan i should be able to do it for about $300+ fan price. Doesn't need to be structural at all so i can use $1.35 1x3's instead of  >$2 2x4's.
Build that puppy!
how did yours turn out tommy?????????
Congrats BL pics during the construction Wink
LOL BL.. I AGREE!

I am working on my moms house and was floored! I had to buy 10 pieces of common 1/4" sheetrock and the price was around $100! I expected half that.

Check out e-bay for your exhaust fan... I was thinking of a large 120 volt computer type fan when I was doing my planning. I even bought one for under $10. These are very high performance and can mount in a nice square duct.
BL, what are you using for your smoke barrier? Is your room already conditioned (HVAC)? Check out the Panisonic Bathroom fans, they are high cfm,almost silent, downside is they'll set you back about $100.00. But they are extremely effective in both cost and efficiency. Can't wait to see the pics.
discdog Wrote:BL, what are you using for your smoke barrier? Is your room already conditioned (HVAC)? Check out the Panisonic Bathroom fans, they are high cfm,almost silent, downside is they'll set you back about $100.00. But they are extremely effective in both cost and efficiency. Can't wait to see the pics.
no smoke barrier, just a big fan to pull everythgn out. Biggest bathroom fan i saw was 300 cfm and it was $140, most wer inteh 80-11- cfm randge and around $100. I think i will check out ebay like Skip mentioned
Sounds like a cool project.  Any chances for pics? 
Maduro_Scotty Wrote:Sounds like a cool project.  Any chances for pics? 
I'll get pics once i get started

I own a drywall company, over the last 18 months we had three 12% increase and in the last 3 months we have had two 5% decrease as the market slows. I asked a rep from USG one of the manufacturers of drywall what brought on such large increases, was it related to fuel prices? He responded it was simple supply and demand and that they were having a hard time keeping up with demand.
Pages: 1 2