StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Need some help from some experienced smokers...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, so I have a heck of a question. Everyone will have to dig deep for this one.

Partagas has their Decadas (decades) Limited Reserve now. They are each sold in glass tubes and have a GREEN band AND a PINKISH band. However, 10 years ago, they were just called Limited Reserve and came in 4 sizes; Robusto, Regale, Royale, and Epicure all with 2 Green bands. OK, so at a B&M, I saw a box, that was about 16 inches by 18 inches roughly and it was humidor-ish with all 4 sizes included. It wasnt a humidor, but just built VERY nicely. A reference of what they used to look like is below, however keep in mind this is just 1 size and not the one I am asking about. My question is, what was the retail price on these, AND anyone know of any others? Does anyone happen to have a picture of these? I am going back this weekend, but according to the guy at the counter, the owner may have promised it to someone so he wouldnt sell it to me yet. The heck of it is, these havent come out for 7 years, and he said they JUST got it in?!?!?!?!

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!
Mason

[Image: pegasus_369-img600x400-auction_stuff_079...LB2U5FeJzy]
I never had them but heard they are not worth the price.:?
The old LR's retailed for between 7 and 11 a piece and are one of my top 5 cigars of all time. I'd have to say they are well worth the price. The new LR's are definitely overpriced but I feel it is all in the packaging...

FWIW, I think the decadas are better than the 160's.

Just my 2 cents!

Mason
Well nevermind.  They guy called me and advised it has 40 cigars and the owner wants $1100.00 for it!!!!!!!!!!

What is with people?  These literally sold for $8 a piece back in the day!  No sale here!!!

Also, make sure everyone checks out the smoking deal on the full box of Opus X xXx power rangers on ebay.  You can buy it now for only $1300!!!

WHAT A DEAL, you get to pay only $22.00 over retail per stick!!!!

Hope I can jump on this deal before anyone else sees it!!![wtf2]

Mason
Stick with habanos there cheaper and a hell of a lot more satisfying.
OK so I know that I am in the minority who LOVES these cigars, but the guy who sold me my sealed box just emailed me and has 2 more for sale.  He had them before but wasnt willing to part with them.  They were released in 1997 and havent been released for about 8 years now.  Anyways, these are NOT the Decadas from recent that have the 1997 tag.  These are the Partagas Limited Reserve Regale and they were rolled, released, and sold in 1997.

They are Medium and have some great flavor IMHO.  They arent overaged in my opinion, but I would smoke them in the next 2-3 years.  I love them, and spent 6 months trying to find them.  250 boxes of each size were produced so they are fairly rare.  I have 2 boxes and smoked another so there are only 246 unaccounted for.  Smile

Anyways, he wants $150 a box for these, and I think they are a good deal at that price.  If you want info, PM me.  I am not affiliated, but the box he sent me was nice and had the original signed certificate with it, matching the triple signed box.

Sorry for posting here, but I wanted to just continue the thread as it has pics of the item.  If mods think I'm an idiot, please feel free to move or yank it.

Thanks, Mason
Ducati Wrote:OK so I know that I am in the minority who LOVES these cigars, but the guy who sold me my sealed box just emailed me and has 2 more for sale.  He had them before but wasnt willing to part with them.  They were released in 1997 and havent been released for about 8 years now.  Anyways, these are NOT the Decadas from recent that have the 1997 tag.  These are the Partagas Limited Reserve Regale and they were rolled, released, and sold in 1997.

They are Medium and have some great flavor IMHO.  They arent overaged in my opinion, but I would smoke them in the next 2-3 years.  I love them, and spent 6 months trying to find them.  250 boxes of each size were produced so they are fairly rare.  I have 2 boxes and smoked another so there are only 246 unaccounted for.  Smile

Anyways, he wants $150 a box for these, and I think they are a good deal at that price.  If you want info, PM me.  I am not affiliated, but the box he sent me was nice and had the original signed certificate with it, matching the triple signed box.

Sorry for posting here, but I wanted to just continue the thread as it has pics of the item.  If mods think I'm an idiot, please feel free to move or yank it.

Thanks, Mason
I don't think anyone here would say a respected BOTL like yourself offering deal on a cigar you enjoy out to everyone is ever a bad thing.  Shit, we may never have heard about the El Cobre had it not been for Bulz and Skip.
Speaking of "El Cobre", I will be toasting that one up tonight!

Looking forward to it!!!!

Mason
General Cigar to Unveil Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas

Only an average of three per thousand Cameroon wrapper leaves from a closely guarded ten-year-old reserve, are hand selected to adorn the new Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas®, an exquisite super-premium collection from General Cigar.

In 1995, the overwhelming success of Partagas 150 led Cigar Master Daniel Nuñez to recognize that ten year old Cameroon wrapper tobacco was the secret to producing a standout Partagas Limited Reserve cigar.  As a result, that very year, he began reserving superlative Cameroon wrappers and carefully monitoring their maturation. Ten years later, he is set to release a phenomenal cigar to showcase only the most exemplary of his beloved wrapper leaves, those deemed worthy of the Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas designation.

Filled with a blend of proprietary tobaccos from the Dominican Republic and from the remote Nicaraguan island of Ometepe, and bound with fine Honduran San Agustin leaf, Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas cigars are dressed in flawless, ten-year-old Cameroon wrapper before undergoing a rigorous aging process in rooms crafted exclusively of fragrant Spanish cedar.

Bill Chilian, director of marketing for Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas comments, "It was a daunting task for Daniel Nuñez to develop a suitable blend to complement such a rare Cameroon wrapper.  We believe that Daniel has exceeded all expectations, having created a cigar that is destined to follow in the footsteps of the original Limited Reserve collection by becoming as famous for its scarcity as for its quality."

The 2005 release of Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas cigars will be unveiled at fine tobacco retail shops in late November. 

As Decadas implies, each year will welcome a new Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas collection, boasting immaculate wrapper leaves that have been aged for ten years.  The subsequent Decadas collections will be closely monitored during aging, and will be released coherent to stringent criteria which will determine the future date of availability of the cigars.

The first four frontmarks are meticulously handcrafted according to the exacting standards set forth by Ramón Cifuentes, the legendary Cuban cigar maker who developed the Partagas brand. No. I (4 ½" x 49) is a petit corona cigar that will be available for a suggested retail price of $14.25 per cigar, or $285 for a box which cradles 20 cigars.  No. II (5 ½" x 50), a robusto, and No. III (6 ¾" x 43) a lonsdale-sized cigar will be available at the same price point: $17.95 per cigar, or $359 for a box of 20 handcrafted cigars.  Finally, No. 4, a
7 ½" x 49 churchill can be acquired for $19.25 per cigar, or $385 for 20 cigars.

A rarefied treasure, Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas are held to a rigorous standard, precluding anything but the most limited of production.

2006 Private Preview: Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas
class=editorialcopyBrent Butterworth
10/01/2005

[Image: spacer.gif]

Many smokers consider the Partagas 150 one of the greatest cigars ever created, and perhaps the first from the Dominican Republic that could rival or surpass the finest smokes from Havana. Collectors began hoarding the cigars, which were produced in a limited run in 1995 to celebrate Partagas’ 150th anniversary, almost immediately upon their release, and by 1996, the only place to acquire a 150 was from the humidor of a magnanimous aficionado.

Key to the 150s’ deep, delicate flavors are their Cameroon wrappers, which were aged for 10 years before the cigars were rolled. Collectors’ ecstatic reception of the smokes prompted Partagas cigar master Daniel Nuñez to safeguard a stock of Cameroon wrappers so he could one day produce a successor. A decade has passed, and the heir finally is ready to assume the throne.

The Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas features a 10-year-old wrapper selected from Nuñez’s special stash, from which an average of only three leaves per thousand were judged suitable for the cigars. Each wrapper conceals a Honduran binder leaf that dresses filler tobaccos from the Dominican Republic and the volcanic island of Ometepe in Lake Nicaragua. The completed cigars are aged in cedar rooms to allow the flavors of the varied tobaccos to coalesce.

Beginning in November 2005, Partagas will introduce a new Decadas collection every year. The 2006 line includes a petit corona, a robusto, a Lonsdale, and a Churchill. Although the promise of an annual release may raise your hopes of acquiring one of the cigars, Nuñez’s insistence on using his aged Cameroon wrappers should ensure that each Decadas smoke will prove as exclusive—and, we hope, as excellent—as the 150.
Pages: 1 2 3