StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: 1st Memphis Herf with B-Dub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
B-Dub and myself have been planning a nice little herf since last week. We had planned on meeting up on Father's day weekend, but my schedule got screwed up so we decided to do it this weekend. The day started off with a nice lunch consisting of lasagna, cheese, and wines at B-Dubs place.  After filling up on lunch B-Dub picked out some stellar sticks for us to smoke for the day. The first stick was a Padilla Edicion Especial. This was my first Padilla to ever smoke and I can see why so many people talk about the Padilla miami 8 and 11. After lunch and the warmup cigar Kerra( the fiance) B-Dub, and myself all hop in the car and head to downtown memphis straight to the Flying Saucer. The flying saucer is a Cigar friendly bar with over 200 beers to choose from while smoking there. Once there I enjoyed a nice RASS and enjoyed a few beers. Also did I mention that they have the best waitresses. They all have to wear mini mini skirts and tank topsBig GrinBig Grin. After enjoying our cigars and beers we headed to Memphis best brewery, Boscos. They brew there own beer and have some amazing food also. I enjoyed a nice IPA and then a scottish Ale that they brew with a nice wood oven Pizza. B-Dub decided to try every beer that they brew with a sampler and then he had an amazing Ribeye steak. After more beer and food we headed back to B-Dubs place and enjoyed some bourbon and a Bolivar (dont remember the nameTongue) that ended the night just right. We had an awesome day with B-dub. I learned a lot of new tricks from the proper way of relighting a cigar to different types of wine to try. It was a great experience meeting B-Dub and having an amazing day in Memphis. Thanks for an awesome day and the hospitality B-Dub. (Kerra loves the CojimarsBig Grin) Now you have ot come to Jackson for another Herf.
*Pics coming*
Enjoying beers and cigars at the Flying saucer.

[Image: dscf0369rc4.jpg]

The RASS
[Image: dscf0371uj4.jpg]

The best waitress.....period(the picture doesn't do her justice)
[Image: dscf0372ji0.jpg]

The nub on the RASS
[Image: dscf0373iy8.jpg]

2 bottles of wine and many beers later.
[Image: dscf0375tn7.jpg]

Boscos beer sampler. MMMMmmmm good
[Image: dscf0376ya3.jpg]

MMMMmmm lover their IPA
[Image: dscf0377ye7.jpg]

I wish i had more pictures but we were having too much fun drinking and smoking.[beer][beer][cigar][cigar]
Brently is a hell of a guy and knows so much about stogies I dont know why his head doesnt blow. It is always a party is B-Dub is there, sucks not to have him here but glad all ya'll can meet this great dude. Your wedding, first born, college graduation all have to shift to left cause you know have a new best moment in your life...the day you met B-Dub.

Yup thats B-dub for ya.......Cool:dude:.....LOL B-dub
The Boscos beer sampler looks awsome, cool idear.
Yep, it's tough work having that much fun. But I'd been saving it all up for quite some time! And Bailey and Kerra seemed to bring out the best. It was a real blast knocking around Memphis with some new friends.

We talked about all kinds of things, including Bailey's dad... who is a bigtime player in the fishing industry. This guy is mandated to go fishing once a week! Can you believe that? I could take an assignment like that! So, I'm gonna try to mooch my way onto the boat sometime.

Can't wait to get up to Jackson for a herf with Bailey & Company up there. There are a number of StogieChatters in the area that I am very much looking forward to meeting.

Great photographs, Bailey! Thank Kerra for me. And thanks for driving all the way up here to hang out with The Ambassador. What a great weekend adventure! I appreciate your friendship and for showing me all of those great local places.

Until our roads connect again, tell me what you think about some of those cigars. And let's start planning the next rendezvous.

Quite an honor, Sergione. Great to hang out with you, too. I have a feeling, though, that you haven't seen the last of B-Dub. Until we meet again...

Cheers!

Brently
Brentley is the herfing machine. Too much fun! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Doc
Bailey sure does know how to nub a good cigar! Jeez. I'm in awe.
[Image: dscf0368gq5.jpg]

I almost forgot to post a pic of our driver for the day. Kerra, my fiance, had to put up with us drunkards all dayTongueTongue. Geez B-Dub sure does know how to drink.
Its great that you guys had someone that was able to OPEN THEIR EYES at the end of the nightBig Grin

And B-Dub, cant wait for that day bro, glad your doing great as alwaysSmile
Looks like a great time was had, what can I say about B-Dub?  He is not only very knolegeable but a fun guy to be around.  And yes he can drink Tongue  Looking forward to you getting back to the west coast Dub.
Pages: 1 2