StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: a third bolt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sharking yesterday produced 2 makos! (sorry no pictures-bought the batteries but did not put them in yet)
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Sharking yesterday produced 2 makos! (sorry no pictures-bought the batteries but did not put them in yet)
Damn, you're on a helluva hot streak lately!  Y'know what they say, "when the fishing's good..."  I don't know what they say 'cause the fishing's b=never that good for me!  Seriously though, I've had days where I was the one in the boat pulling in Walleye one after the other while other guys got skunked.  Just seems to run that way sometimes huh.  So what size were these?  What's the biggest fish you've ever caught on the Magabyte?
that would be a 350 pound Tuna
Confusedhock:   Damn! thats a lot of sashimi Skip. 
Skip....you're on a roll!!!!!

Did you play Lotto? Tongue
Very nice Skip!
Do you lite up when you leave the harbour?
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:that would be a 350 pound Tuna

Thats alot of spicey Tuna Rolls.  Big Grin
i smoked an El Ray form that little island on the way back.

several things makes the day interesting...

1- as we left my house around 5 am, got the bait and ice we found ourselves 4.2 miles off shore when BANG! My starboard engine made this noise and every alarm light went off. I shut it down and found a few disintegrated belts. We limped back in on one engine and was ready to head back out again by 10:30 except one guy bailed... so we dropped him off at my house and by 11:45 were commenting that we were again at the spot where we turned around about 5 hours earlier...

We adjusted our plan because of the shortened day... Got the fish and headed back. Once we were in the inlet a friend of mine in his boat was shouting to us and speeding a bit (in a 5 mile per hour area). His boat was small so it was of little consequence, but at 7 knots my boat was obvious... a bay constable spotted me and was heading for me with his lights on when a jet ski bolted across the canal at around 12 knots. Wham, the constable nabbed him like an untouchable on a firmer.

An interesting day to say the least.

Not to mention the worse heat I ever felt off shore. It was so freggin hot nothing worked to cool us off.
I still say you should be a story teller/ write a mystery book. The Skipper has a flair for the dramatic.  You could be the next Stephen King writing books about the seas based upon your adventures.

Remember the storm we were caught in? 
Pages: 1 2