StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: Get This Crap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

US_Tank

Fellas!

I lost 35% of my cornea protecting my eye.  Evidently I got something in my eye, when I rubbed to get it out the cornea got ripped completely away.

I left ND at 5:30 AM yesterday.  The inflammation hit overnight but the pain did not hit until morning cause when sleeping the eyelid keeps the cornea tidy.  I literally got up and left.  Half an hour into my trip in the dark and rain the pain really hit.

My eye hurt so bad I had to keep it covered and try driving with one eye.  It sucks.  With only one eye working and the other eye closed, this made my good eye sleepy.  A 4.5 hour drive home turned into an 8 plus hour drive.

My wife took me to the eye doc.  I got a contact lense bandage, antibiotic drops and an eye patch.  I am a pirate now.  HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Things should be healed by next week.  But what a pain!

Supposed to drive to the Twin Cities today for work meetings.  I can take off the patch long enough to drive but the doc wants my eyelid closed as much as possible until Friday.  I am also supposed to herf with Mac but this won't be able to happen.
Sorry to hear this. Want me to come out and drive you around?
[pimp]
Whoa, bummer dude.[pirate1][pirate2] Speedy recovery my friend. I'd take Jimmie up on his offer. There is very little difference driving in ND and NJ....
[smokin]

US_Tank

What made yesteday suck so bad was the drive.  First off depth perception is fried.  It was rainy and miserable out.  And I had to hold my other eye closed which hurt and in turn made my good eye sleepy.  And holding the bad eye closed was painful.

So I would pull over and once I was able to close  both eyes all pain went away.  And I slept.  Hence a 4.5 hour trip home nearly doubled in time.

US_Tank

By the way, with the contact lense bandage most of the pain and discomfort is gone which is good.  But doc wants the eye closed for a couple of days.
Be Careful and hope that things heal up fast for you!
damn dude!  that sucks.  get well soon
Damn D, that sucks but hey now you and the old lady can play pirate [ss][winner]
madurodave Wrote:damn dude!  that sucks.  get well soon
Ditto!! that really sucks....glad you should be alright afterwards...but damm that sucks!
Sorry to hear that Tank.  Eye injuries are very painful.  The good news is the eye heals very quickly. 

Good luck dude
Pages: 1 2 3