StogieChat Cigar Forum

Full Version: la aurora 1492
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You guys try this?

I was having a cigar with a guy here form work who asked for something with flavor but not too overpowering. I suggested this. He enjoyed the crap out of it. This is one of those cigars I personally love but dont smoke enough.
I've tried this one only once, I enjoyed it too...I have LZ to thank for my experience with it Smile
Skip, you mean the 1495?  I love these. 
I have had a few but I cant remember if liked them or not. Maybe i will smoke one tonight.
wingo Wrote:Skip, you mean the 1495?  I love these. 
yup, that be it (give or take) Tongue
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
wingo Wrote:Skip, you mean the 1495?  I love these. 
yup, that be it (give or take) Tongue
I've smoked about half a box of the robustos.  Very consistent smoke.  Great construction on every one.   Great  flavor and balance.  

Anyone try the Beli's ?
I've had the Preferidos that come in the different colored tubes.  Awesome cigar, great construction.  Just expensive - even without the tubes.  But still great cigars.
like all the auroras, it's nice stick with great construction and good balance, imho. i just don't get that company's pricing. for the $ i expect something a little more substantial or unique. i really liked the big maddie perfecto by aurora (red tube, i think). if it were priced at around 5 bucks i'd be a regular customer.
Bungalowbill Wrote:like all the auroras, it's nice stick with great construction and good balance, imho. i just don't get that company's pricing. for the $ i expect something a little more substantial or unique. i really liked the big maddie perfecto by aurora (red tube, i think). if it were priced at around 5 bucks i'd be a regular customer.
I'm pretty sure I paid $129 for the 1495 robustos.  Around 5 and some change per stick.  Not the best value, but I feel it's a premium stick.  Now the tubo preferido you are paying for the tubes and the shape.
I picked up some robustos at the recent La Aurora tasting here, and have really been enjoying them---I'd tried a larger size years ago, and remembered it as being a lot less full-bodied than these. Very good smoke.

But at $8 a whack . . . well, I'll either spend $2 more and get a San Cristobal, or $2 less and get an Edge Sumatra.

NANP™
[cigar]
Pages: 1 2 3