4-string Chrome Hard-tail Bridge for Cigar Box Guitars Electric Ukulele & More
This is a chrome electric guitar-style hard-tail bridge, but made for 4-string cigar box guitars, electric ukuleles, tenor guitars & more! It took us a long time to find a source for these, but now we got ’em! — These bridges are “bottom-loading” style, meaning that the strings come up through the instrument body then over the individually adjustable saddles. This can be easily achieved by mounting some of our string ferrules into the back of your cigar box to house the ball ends of the strings. — The dimensions of these bridges are 2 3/8″ (60mm) wide, 1 5/8″ (41mm) deep and about 9/16″ (14mm) tall. Each one is mounted securely by four screws, and a small allen wrench is also included for adjusting the small set screws that control string action height. See the listing photo with the exact size specs (in millimeters) for more info. — Basically these get used like any bottom-loading electric guitar bridge (like those on telecasters and such). You screw it to the top of the instrument, and the strings come up through holes in the instrument body (usually with a ferrule of some sort on the back to hold the string ball), and then up and over the individual string saddles. The saddles can be adjusted by means of a screw at the back of the bridge to get the intonation just right, and small set screws at the front of each saddle let you set the string action height. Overall it is fairly straightforward.
- 4-string chrome hard-tail bridge perfect for electric cigar box guitars, ukuleles & more. Bottom-loading.
- Individually adjustable string saddles allow exact intonation adjustments
- Sturdy metal construction, bright mirror-like chrome finish.
- Chrome mounting screws and allen wrench included.
- See text below for size specs and usage suggestions. Printed usage instructions not included.