Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody collect coin
I always held on to some old coin I got from my dad he kept in a cigar box. Never thought much about it. Working in a resturant you got all kinds of bills and coin you know kids hysted from there folks stash. When  Dominic was born in 86,  I started buying annual coin sets from the US Mint. Now I am on autoship for the basic 4 sets and cherrypic other things thru the year. Aside from my being wierd, does anybody else collect money for an investment or to pass on to the next generation?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:I always held on to some old coin I got from my dad he kept in a cigar box. Never thought much about it. Working in a resturant you got all kinds of bills and coin you know kids hysted from there folks stash. When  Dominic was born in 86,  I started buying annual coin sets from the US Mint. Now I am on autoship for the basic 4 sets and cherrypic other things thru the year. Aside from my being wierd, does anybody else collect money for an investment or to pass on to the next generation?
I have coins from all over the world.  Everything ranging from anvient Romans through current quarters.  Alwys loved numismatics.
I do Taff. I dont know my butt form my elbow, but I save anything old, anything new, anything odd, and coins form any country I've been too. Oh, I also have a couple of Cuban coins... just because.

I have never spent any of the new quarters. Have every one I ever got. And a huge jar full of wheatie pennies.
Never been a collector myself, but do have some penny and nickel coin books that my grandfather collected. I also have this German coin from 1892 that I found in the street when I was around 10 years old somewhere in the house.
T, I have a bunch of coin book holders with old nickles, dimes, quarters in them  and some silver dollar coins.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
This is cool. I don't have any foreign coins, except a few hologram gold maple leaf coins from Canada and Britan. The ones from 86 have never been touched buy a human hand. The hohograms are so awesome because what you see is stamped in the coin, not on it.

[Image: 162c_12.JPG]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I was more into coins as a kid.  I have a bunch of 1972 silver dollars and various real silver coins.  Also a collection of $2 dollar bills my grandparents gave me as gifts growing up.
Thats awesome on the $2 man.  What kind of the silver do you have,This is great.

It's just so cool to hold a carsoncity mint silver dollar taken from of a wells Fargo bank stagecoach. You hold the coin in your hand close your eyes and think of where that coin has been, who had it, what it's bought "a night with Annie Oakley: whisky and cigars, poon.  I just got 2 class=proddisp_productTitle2007   24KAmerican Buffalo Gold Proof One Ounce Coin (BA7) and there were only 200000 made.

[Image: BA7_popup.jpg]