Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate being Sick
So, after lunch today, I started feeling congested, and kept getting the chills, and sweats.  So i get home and have 101.2 fever, and my voice is nearly gone (thank god for texting, if not, I'd never have gotten to chat with Tankie and Jimmie and Lonnie).  So, I mix me up a hot tea tottie.  Recipe:

In a large mug:

2 ozs (or more) your favorite bourbon, whiskey, or rum.

Lemon juice and honey to desired taste/sweetness

Boiling water

your favorite tea (I use Echinacea)

Mix the Alcohol of choice with the lemon juice and honey in the mug

Place the tea bag in the mug and pour the hot water over it, filling the mug.  Allow the tea to steep for desired strength.  Remove tea bag (duh[doh]) and stir, enjoy.

This drink always makes me feel better, at it really helps a sore throat.  It didn't bring my voice back, but i do feel better.  Hope you guys try it and like.  i use bourbon in mine.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
I know what you mean man.  I have been sick for a month.  The last week or so have been pretty bad, and I called in sick the last two days.  Have another tottie.[thumbsup]

I usually make something to try and scare out the sickness.  I use 3 or 4 fingers of southern comfort or whiskey, two packets of Alpine Spiced Cider powder, and boiling water.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Hope you feel better dude
I like smoking lightning
Get better soon.  I hate not feeling 100% of course as we all do.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
WOW, That's close to my recipe.

In a large mug:

2 ozs or more your favorite bourbon, whiskey, and rum. Then you feel nothing

Hope you feel better man

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I was enjoying these during my swine flu bout.   The more of them I drank, the more i was convinced that "Boy, this TEA sure is helping my illness!" [lol][lol]
Do what I do, eat hot peppers every day. Usually kills all germs.Big Grin

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Do what I do, eat hot peppers every day. Usually kills all germs.Big Grin

[thumbsup]
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
tafdom Wrote:[color="red"]WOW, That's close to my recipe[/color].

In a large mug:

2 ozs or more your favorite bourbon, whiskey, and rum. Then you feel nothing

Hope you feel better man
T, thats tonights recipe.  I call it, Uncle T's "sure-fire forget-your-sick drink"  [lol][lol]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!