Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Smokes
I don't smoke many in the morning, but if I did on a regular basis, it would probably be either a Don Carlos #3 or a Don Pepin Black 1973.     
Wanted to resurrect this thread, now that the nice weather has hit the Northeast. Spent yesterday morning on the patio with a cup of coffee and a LFD L-250, more because of it's size than anything else. As suspected, that stick was a bit much for an early morning smoke (we can't all be Bluesman Big Grin).

I've read through this thread for some ideas, but I'm curious to hear people's suggestions some two years later.
Smoked me a San Cristobal Classico this AM on an empty stomach and have been feeling a bit queezy ever since.
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
(03-21-2010, 11:53 AM)iSmoke Wrote: Smoked me a San Cristobal Classico this AM on an empty stomach and have been feeling a bit queezy ever since.

Happened to me yesterday with that L-250. Smoked a Sancho Panza Double Maduro (Don Quixote) this morning. Plenty flavorful, yet not too strong as to make me feel ill.
My favorite is a good cameroon wrapper, and Brazilian Yellow Bourbon coffee. I love a Cameroon wrapper in the morn, and, since I have a ton of them, the stick of choice is the Nub cammie.

For the really evil morning smoke, that is, the mornings my wife and kids are not around, I'll enjoy a Founders Brewing Kentucky Breakfast Stout and either a cammie or a nice Maduro.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Well, I haven't posted in a looooooonnnng time. So I guess this is as good a place as any to reinsert myself....

Lately I've been enjoying some Monte #4's in the morning. They've got about 4 years on them and they are very smooth now. They are just the right size for me get down to about the band as I roll into the parking lot.

I have to enjoy the car ride stogies while I can before it gets too hot.

P.S. it's nice to see a lot of the old schooler stogie chat version 1.0 folks on here as well as a lot of new folks. This was the first cigar board I frequented and I am glad it is still thriving.
On Saturday, I had a CAO Anniversary Cammie with my coffee, and it was a GREAT way to start the day!
This is my boomstick!
(03-21-2010, 04:45 PM)Matt-N-Ga. Wrote: My favorite is a good cameroon wrapper, and Brazilian Yellow Bourbon coffee. I love a Cameroon wrapper in the morn, and, since I have a ton of them, the stick of choice is the Nub cammie.

For the really evil morning smoke, that is, the mornings my wife and kids are not around, I'll enjoy a Founders Brewing Kentucky Breakfast Stout and either a cammie or a nice Maduro.

You should track down a few Cuesta Rey Stanford's Reservers. Awesome Cammie wrapped smoke. I like the torpedos.
I also enjoy Party shorts, PSD4's, Boli Rc's and Vegas Robaina's for an early am stick. I only really smoke a cigar in the morning when I go fishing. Particularly when I go salmon fishing in the fall. Makes the hour wait till fishing time so much more enjoyable.