Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifelock
Anyone here use this service? Anyone here decide this isn't worth it?

I am thinking about it since my e-mail and e-bay account was compromised.
GA is talking about doing allowing this as a personal option through the state. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but some states apparently allow you to freeze your credit files, right now, we are not one of those. But apparently it will stop phone calls,junk mail, and the opportunity to have your identity to be stolen.

I think LifeLock is the exact same thing, except you pay someone else to file all the paperwork for you.

It's funny that you bring this up. I am just now getting things cleaned up from an employee at a restaraunt getting one of my cards. I almost never allow my card to be taken where I can't see it, but this time I did. My problem was I was actually traveling so the CC com. wouldn't take my word for it that it wasn't me doing all of the charging. It has taken about 45 days to get everything together and start getting it all sorted out.
If you do your research, you can do everything yourself.  Most things are up-front stuff, so the whole monthly/yearly fee is kind of ridiculous.  You should check your credit report often.  You get 1 free one per year, but I recommend checking more.

I get free enrollment in TripleAdvantage through work (Experian), so I can't really offer pros/cons between the different services.

One thing to remember: when it comes to your credit, you can't be too paranoid

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Anyone here use this service? Anyone here decide this isn't worth it?

Yes!  And Awesome!  Been 15 months now!  Last year my wife and I went to an exercise shop and we were buying about 3k worth of equipment for our workout room!   This place was offering no interest financing through Wells Fargo.  Wells Fargo was also my bank of 22 years and I have my home mortgage through them.

Long story short, with Lifelock, Wells Fargo COULD NOT access any of my credit info without the authorization of Lifelock and my personal verification of predetermined questions only I or my wife would know.  Wells Fargo was actually pissed at me for having this service.  But it totally locked my bank/mortagage lender out of my credit.

I get email alerts anytime anyone tries to access my credit.  And just this week Lifelock initiated my credit reports from the credit agencies cause I determined that I wanted them sent to me 3 times per year.

Also, your name gets taken off the credit mailing lists so I no longer receive those hassle  no-hassle Capital One mailings that my wife and I were receiving once and even twice a week.  The junk mail has stopped.

I HIGHLY recommend this service.  $200/year for wife and I.  Plus you get the $1million dollar protection!
By the way my Ebay account and Paypal were hacked into by the Chinese a while back.  Ebay was Johnny on the spot for me and they emailed me within a few hours after this happened. 
US_Tank Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Anyone here use this service? Anyone here decide this isn't worth it?

Yes!  And Awesome!  Been 15 months now!  Last year my wife and I went to an exercise shop and we were buying about 3k worth of equipment for our workout room!   This place was offering no interest financing through Wells Fargo.  Wells Fargo was also my bank of 22 years and I have my home mortgage through them.

Long story short, with Lifelock, Wells Fargo COULD NOT access any of my credit info without the authorization of Lifelock and my personal verification of predetermined questions only I or my wife would know.  Wells Fargo was actually pissed at me for having this service.  But it totally locked my bank/mortagage lender out of my credit.

I get email alerts anytime anyone tries to access my credit.  And just this week Lifelock initiated my credit reports from the credit agencies cause I determined that I wanted them sent to me 3 times per year.

Also, your name gets taken off the credit mailing lists so I no longer receive those hassle  no-hassle Capital One mailings that my wife and I were receiving once and even twice a week.  The junk mail has stopped.

I HIGHLY recommend this service.  $200/year for wife and I.  Plus you get the $1million dollar protection!
Done. Thanks. It is no longer an option. I call it an insurance policy for my credit.