Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dracionian Anti-Smoking Law in Mexico
Damn,

There goes my annual fun!  Does this include the beach?  The hotel cigar bars?  I will be pissed!  At least I will get one more year in here as these new laws need to be enacted by their President with one month until implentation.

http://www.wacotrib.com/world/content/shared-gen/ap/Latin_America_And_Caribbean/Mexico_No_Smoking.html
It didnt say anything about beaches, either way, just keep an extra 40 bux in your pocket and tell the cops if they can move cause they are blocking your sun
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I just don't get it. The people we keep putting in office are just destroying and entire industry with ZERO thought of the tax base they are going to loose. They know all they have to do is raise our taxes to make up for the loss but we don't have that much left to take. Look at the Brits VAT taxes on cubans. There are boxes off the shelf there Cohiba Esplendidos 1113.69 box of 25 and only 589.09 on a Swiss site.  $525.00 just in tax on 1 FN box of cigars, $525. Can these Fricken idots not do the math on what they are going to loose. It  boggles my mind to think how many boxes are sold and the tax is just pure gravy that somebody pays for THAT 1 BOX. That is why everybody is selling out before the hammer falls and it already is. They see there sales dropping and they are bailing. The big boys are selling out, [size=2]Altadas SA, General Cigar, CAO, Cigar International, JR, and the list grows longer every day. Look at the FN 20% price increase they just kicked in. They are killing us because the sales are dropping and they are going to make THERE $$$$$ until there's nobody left to smoke because of the banns and taxes. This industry is DYING before our eyes because of government stupidity and greed. [/size]

http://stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=8665&forum_id=1&highlight=Altadas+SA

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Great point Terry!  Stupid shits.  I cannot believe MEXICO of all places now!  One can do anything in Mexico.  Or they used to be able to.
US_Tank Wrote:Great point Terry!  Stupid shits.  I cannot believe MEXICO of all places now!  One can do anything in Mexico.  Or they used to be able to.
France did it, dont be surprised anymore. This is becoming a global thing.....damn
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
sergione Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Great point Terry!  Stupid shits.  I cannot believe MEXICO of all places now!  One can do anything in Mexico.  Or they used to be able to.
France did it, dont be surprised anymore. This is becoming a global thing.....damn

That was my point.[smokin2] Smoke em while you can, and can afford them.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

It's sad/
Ajsjazz Wrote:It's sad/

and only the beginning. . .Sad
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:
Ajsjazz Wrote:It's sad/

and only the beginning. . .Sad
Yes it is. The 20% hit we just took will hit every dealer for all growers. Buy now.