Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished building new humi
Man that thing si looking wonderful. I wanna see it filled up.
Looks great, where did you get the Spanish cedar and how much did it cost?

Paul. Stogiesmile

Ordered the wood from Woodcraft.com, don't know if they are the cheapest around but they had fast shipping and sent me all quality pieces. I think it was around $315 for all of it, which included the lining and the two shelves and supports. If you have the time and skill I highly recommend giving it a shot. Total I'd say I spent around $450 including the Hydra active humidification system. For something similiar in size you're looking probably to spend $800 + for a quality piece. Hope this helps.
-Dave
doubled Wrote:Ordered the wood from Woodcraft.com, don't know if they are the cheapest around but they had fast shipping and sent me all quality pieces. I think it was around $315 for all of it, which included the lining and the two shelves and supports. If you have the time and skill I highly recommend giving it a shot. Total I'd say I spent around $450 including the Hydra active humidification system. For something similiar in size you're looking probably to spend $800 + for a quality piece. Hope this helps.
-Dave
Just my opinion, even if it cost more to build it yourself I think it's always worth spending more money to build a beautiful piece like that yourself (or to have a family member build it) rather than buying a finished piece.  It just means so much more and you appreciate it so much more.  The fact that you have this hand-crafted work of art AND saved some money (to undoubtedly spend filling it up) is absolutely perfect.  Kudos!

Beautiful humidor.[cigar]