Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidifying Crystals/Beads Turned Brown
Take your wife's Leotards put the beads in there and tie a knot ,you wont get brown beads again
also beads are not suppose to be soaked they should be 1/2 white and 1/2 clear you should only need a spray bottle and few sprites every month is plenty according to your hydrometer also try and blow dryer and see if you can dry the beads you have now

good luck
Maintain a moist dark environment and you will eventually get mold. I'm sure even god has issues with his humidors.
My 65% heartfelt beads also started to change color. I caught them early when they were just a touch yellow.

When did you buy yours? Maybe we got a bad batch.
(01-16-2010, 12:25 PM)kijin Wrote: My 65% heartfelt beads also started to change color. I caught them early when they were just a touch yellow.

i think that's normal, simply from them being sitting around cigars all the time. i had some that were pretty yellow in color, so i burned off an email to dave at heartfelt, and he told me that it was normal. said he had some that he'd been using for years, and were almost a chocolate color, but they still worked just fine. i'm paranoid about that stuff though.
(01-16-2010, 01:48 PM)scott81425 Wrote:
(01-16-2010, 12:25 PM)kijin Wrote: My 65% heartfelt beads also started to change color. I caught them early when they were just a touch yellow.

i think that's normal, simply from them being sitting around cigars all the time. i had some that were pretty yellow in color, so i burned off an email to dave at heartfelt, and he told me that it was normal. said he had some that he'd been using for years, and were almost a chocolate color, but they still worked just fine. i'm paranoid about that stuff though.

My 70%s haven't changed so far. The 65% are still a bit off white even though they've been out in the open for months. I don't trust them.

I'll join you in the paranoia.

But is it really paranoid when you risk screwing up hundreds of dollars of cigars?
Stop smoking your weed near them.

[Image: toker.gif]