Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B&M's/Cigar Bars in Washington DC????
Week long vacation in Washington DC in mid-june; what options do I have availalble for cigar tourism?
I know Jim has been there for work, so I'm sure he will be able to help you out.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:I know Jim has been there for work, so I'm sure he will be able to help you out.

Not so much in DC but out in the Western burbs, there are a few Old Virginia Tobacco stores that have a good selection of higher end stuff.  Often have Opus and Padron Anniversario.  Then in Leesburg there is Leesburg Cigar and Pipe which has a great selection but is out of hand with prices.  You can find a decent "deal" there every now and then as I got 2 BBMF's there for $25 each.

If it's downtown DC, I hear Drapers is a good spot.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Headley Wrote:
Mark Wrote:I know Jim has been there for work, so I'm sure he will be able to help you out.

Not so much in DC but out in the Western burbs, there are a few Old Virginia Tobacco stores that have a good selection of higher end stuff.  Often have Opus and Padron Anniversario.  Then in Leesburg there is Leesburg Cigar and Pipe which has a great selection but is out of hand with prices.  You can find a decent "deal" there every now and then as I got 2 BBMF's there for $25 each.

If it's downtown DC, I hear Drapers is a good spot.
Drapers is the downtown place to go, right next to the White House.  It's the only store in the area that carries Tatuaje's.  Their prices are very reasonable, especially given that they're a B&M in a high rent area.  Georgetown Tobacco is a classic old store, as are any of the Signature Cigar locations.  Signature has pool tables in Rockville.  Old Virginia Tobacco also has an excellent selection.  I usually go to the one in the mall near Dulles.  There's another store, McLean Cigars PG Boutique, which I've never been in, but frequently pass by on the way to get to THE beer store, Total Wine.

If you get up to the MD side, Davidus is another great store with several locations.  The Rockville location also has a nice club area in the back.  Bethesda Tobacco is a one man, one location shop.  Not much selection, but on warm Sunday mornings the regulars will pull up chairs out front and start smoking hours before the store opens.  President cigars in the Kentlands is a friendly place with a nice sitting area.  They were previously part of a big chain, but are now independently owned and operated.

shellys backroom right around 13th and f streets, iirc....very nice cozy cigar bar- pretty decent food too-shellysdc.com