Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OKlahoma City Redhawks
While in OKC on business I decided to take in a Triple A game between the OKC Redhawks (Rangers) and the Albuquerque Isotopes (Dodgers) last night.  First of all I paid $10 for a front row ticket only to find out that I got ripped off and should have bought the $5 General Admission and then sat in the front row anyway.  The cute college girl giving away free T-Shirts spotted me after the 1st Inning and gave me a shirt.  But the best moment of the game came in the bottom of the 4th.  Bases loaded, nobody out and the batter hits a lazy fly to medium deep right.  Right fielder catches the ball and the runners tag.  While taking the ball out of his glove he manages to throw it thirty feet behind him and over the right field fence.  They let all runners advance two bases.  For the rest of the game every time the right fielder came up to bat he got louder cheers than anyone on the home team.  The PA announcer was even razzing him.  It was priceless.
Almirante Pirata
There's just something pure and fun about minor league ball...
macallan2 Wrote:There's just something pure and fun about minor league ball...

Any sport that has a team named after a gag from the Simpsons, like the Albuquerque Isotopes, has to be great!

I am off to see the Toledo Mudhens play the Indianapolis Indians tomorrow evening.  Pictures to follow hopefully.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Love minor league ball. See the Lakewood Blueclaws all the time.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore