Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Reason For The Three Day Weekend
My Grandpa Joe (Joe Ustanko; the original Tank). He is on the far right as you are looking at it. This is southern Italy. After they wacked a German machine gun nest, they put on Jerry's uniforms and posed for this picture. Notice the heavy German guns.

[Image: GrandpaJoe.jpg]

Grandpa Joe in middle!

[Image: GrandpaJoe2.jpg]

(05-30-2011, 01:06 PM)US_Tank Wrote: My Grandpa Joe (Joe Ustanko; the original Tank). He is on the far right as you are looking at it. This is southern Italy. After they wacked a German stronghold, they put on Jerry's uniforms and posed for this picture.

Italy?? BWHAHAHA So much for all those Italian hate jokes. Awesome pic Daryn. And we all thought you thought the day was for going to the cabin and shooting guns. LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Yeah LK and Mum owe their existance to the Tank Family!
Notice Grandpa Joe has a German grenade strapped to his chest. And check out the machine gun.
[Image: 2011-05-30122430.jpg]
Thank you to all our veterans: those here and departed. Your service is deeply appreciated and never forgotten. My dad served in the U.S. Army (between Korea and Vietnam), and my uncle is a Vietnam Vet.

This is from Acacia Cemetery from yesterday. (Acacia is owned and operated by our Masonic lodge in Modesto)
[Image: Acacia3.jpg]
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"