Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wire
I know I am way behind, but I finally got around to watching HBO's The Wire.  I have the dvds.  Please don't spoil it for me. 

I have watched the first 2 seasons and am on season 3.  This has to be one of the best shows I have ever seen.  Took me a few episodes to get into it, but its fantastic.

Oh, and I know we used to have a thread around here about characters in movies /tv shows that smoke cigars - well one of the main characters, a homicide detective named 'Bunk' is always smoking a cigar.

I hate most of what is on television today, but I recommend this show.  Anyone else a fan?
Never heard of it before...with the 4 kids my wife & I don't have too much time for TV.

I've only heard about Dr. House recently...Rob brought season #1 into work.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
The first 3 seasons were VERY good, but when the emphasis shifted from the Port Workers to hte cops; the show lost its edge and appeal to me.
banzaitoyota Wrote:The first 3 seasons were VERY good, but when the emphasis shifted from the Port Workers to hte cops; the show lost its edge and appeal to me.
Are you saying it "jumped the shark"? :?
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
What do you mean by :jump the shark"
[doh]
banzaitoyota Wrote:What do you mean by :jump the shark"
[doh]
http://www.jumpedtheshark.com/index.jspa
aaaaah I see, and yes it "jumped the shark"