Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humdidity & temp
A lot of you have seen this before but today is another classic.

these are live graphs so it may not be so telling in a few hours or so, but right now you can see the affect of temperature on relative humidity.

[Image: vws742.jpg] [Image: vws740.jpg]

They are perfect inverses of each other when in fact the absolute humidity has remained constant all day her on Long Island.

If I'm reading this correctly, it's as though as least one factor, whether it be humidity or temperature, is less than optimal at all times.  Do you use a cooler, Skip?  

I had a similar issue two weeks ago when we had that nasty heat wave, which you knew all about as you're not that far from PA.  I had to move my cooler to the basement due to the temps, but being that the humidity was up and the basement is damp to begin with, I was teetering on 70% plus at all times, despite having 65% beads. 

To be honest, while I have 65% beads, I don't think my RH% has EVER been lower than 67% for an extended period of time, due to the humidity.  Same issue on L.I.?
Mine is generally betwen 65% and 70%.   Twice it swung to 71%, and i cracked the door in my vinotemp and got it back down to 65% 

This was while the temp was dropping from the PA heatwave, which i THINK is what i'm seeing?