Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
colibri tranzpack lighter case
as i said before i am leaving for a cruise in a few weeks.  i bought one of these colibri tranzpack lighter cases that are FAA and TSA approved.  has anyone had any problems with them not letting you check it in your baggage?

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=M-CLUTB114099N
I think Skipper has one, and from everything I have seen/read there are no issues at check in.  You do have to still check the bag it is being carried in. 
i understand that i just dont want my lighter taken.  if i get on the shop and my lighter is cone i will be very pissed
jmlampert23 Wrote:if i get on the shop and my lighter is cone i will be very pissed
I am not quite sure what that means, but if you are that concerned I would leave the lighter at home.  I would hate to be pissed to start off a vacation.
ashman Wrote:
jmlampert23 Wrote:if i get on the shop and my lighter is cone i will be very pissed
I am not quite sure what that means, but if you are that concerned I would leave the lighter at home.  I would hate to be pissed to start off a vacation.
i ment ship sorry.  typo
I think its meant to be checked.  But no issues when checking it.
i've used it quite a few times, with zero problems. i wish they made one for a refill cylinder...
Havent used a Tranzpack personally, but a friend of mine used one to take his lighter and lighter fluid on a roundtrip flight to the Dominican Republic. He never had a problem. Good thing he didn't, especially considering his trip was was for a cigar factory tour!
i used it several times with no isses at all. I also used the Plano version (zippo with the z-plus insert). Also no issue. Just be sure to pack them in your packed luggage and not your carry-ons.
this is all good news.  my girlfriend is like why dont you just buy a bic lighter on the boat.  im like you cant light a cigar with that.  also what are the chances of being able to bring my palio cutter with me as long as i put it in my checked luggage?