Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: Online payment vendor closing accounts
I didn't see if this warning has been posted before, but thought I'd pass it on.. There's a popular online payment service (starts with a "P" and ends with an "al") that went through another cigar forum I'm on and shut down some of our accounts because they think we were using their service to buy and sell cigars (which is a violation of their agreement).  They shut down my account too and really they have no proof that I was involved in buying or selling cigars other than I said somewhere that I accepted that payment method.  But there's no proof that anybody sent me any payment using that method.  These guys are doing searches and taking a pretty liberal swing at anybody that even appears to be buying or selling tobacco products.  One of the other forum's administrators told me that even when a sponsor paid for advertisement, this service shut down his account just because he was making a payment to a forum related to cigars.   Also, my screen names on cigar forums have nothing to do with this company's online service.  They obviously used their detective work to piece together circumstancial evidence that my account with them is the same person as my screen name.  This is where your fees go- to hire people to track down tobacco sales like we are thugs.  I don't know if I'll fight it- they're a rip off anyway.  Just wanted to warn some others. 
Appreciate the heads upWink
Paypalsucks.com

Heads up.   Several people I know have lost several hundreds of dollars.
Interesting :?
Vitamin G Wrote:Paypalsucks.com

lost $??? How?
LOL!   I can top that....      back in the days before eBay bought them out the PayPal service allowed tobacco transactions.   Then one day, poof...no more and no notice whatsoever!

Because we used to accept Paypal and they knew what we sold, they instantly froze everything without notice and locked the funds.   My attorney had to knock them around a bit.    In the meantime, we switched everything to a "real" account and not some 3rd party payment system.   It was a pretty good payment system when it first came out.

About 5 years after that happened I ended up winning an auction on eBay.  A slide/negative attachment for my Epson scanner.   Had to use paypal to send payment because stupid me didn't read the fine print "paypal only".   

I opened a new account under a different email addy.   Paid the seller and things were good.    About 3 months later I get a nasty email from PayPal stating that I violated their policy because of tobacco!   They concluded that because my email address had the word "cigars" in it, that I was dealing tobacco through PayPal!!    I even forwarded the auction page, number, and a picture of what I bought.   I guess scanner parts now contain 80% tobacco by products or something!?  :?

They froze that account.   Really no big deal because the seller got paid and I received the item.   Every month I now get an email from PayPal stating that I need to restore my account access.   Funny thing is that they will not restore accounts that were suspended for such violations.  That alone shows how f'd up they are.

If you want to get faster answers from them, contact their AUP department directly.  
aup@PayPal.com
You bypass all the support BS and it goes directly to the higher up ball lickers at PayPal.   Good luck because none of them really care much.

And as Vitamin G said...here is another site that you will find informative:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

admin Wrote:LOL!   I can top that....      back in the days before eBay bought them out the PayPal service allowed tobacco transactions.   Then one day, poof...no more and no notice whatsoever!

Because we used to accept Paypal and they knew what we sold, they instantly froze everything without notice and locked the funds.   My attorney had to knock them around a bit.    In the meantime, we switched everything to a "real" account and not some 3rd party payment system.   It was a pretty good payment system when it first came out.

About 5 years after that happened I ended up winning an auction on eBay.  A slide/negative attachment for my Epson scanner.   Had to use paypal to send payment because stupid me didn't read the fine print "paypal only".   

I opened a new account under a different email addy.   Paid the seller and things were good.    About 3 months later I get a nasty email from PayPal stating that I violated their policy because of tobacco!   They concluded that because my email address had the word "cigars" in it, that I was dealing tobacco through PayPal!!    I even forwarded the auction page, number, and a picture of what I bought.   I guess scanner parts now contain 80% tobacco by products or something!?  :?

They froze that account.   Really no big deal because the seller got paid and I received the item.   Every month I now get an email from PayPal stating that I need to restore my account access.   Funny thing is that they will not restore accounts that were suspended for such violations.  That alone shows how f'd up they are.

If you want to get faster answers from them, contact their AUP department directly.  
aup@PayPal.com
You bypass all the support BS and it goes directly to the higher up ball lickers at PayPal.   Good luck because none of them really care much.

And as Vitamin G said...here is another site that you will find informative:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/
AHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:

lost $??? How?

Would buy an item, pay for it, scammer waits 3-5 days for payment to CLEAR before shipping, immediately withdraw the money through a Paypal ATM card, send a brick, and when it arrives and paypal finally gets to your complaint, the message from paypal is

"After investigation, we have clearly determined you to be the victim of fraud.  Unfortunately, the perpetrator does not currently have the funds present in his account for us to credit you for your loss"
Vitamin G Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:

lost $??? How?

Would buy an item, pay for it, scammer waits 3-5 days for payment to CLEAR before shipping, immediately withdraw the money through a Paypal ATM card, send a brick, and when it arrives and paypal finally gets to your complaint, the message from paypal is

"After investigation, we have clearly determined you to be the victim of fraud.  Unfortunately, the perpetrator does not currently have the funds present in his account for us to credit you for your loss"
wow this is all good insight thanks guys
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
For faster service... 1-888-221-1161

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.