Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatuaje Black
I was going to do a review this past weekend,but ended up working sat. and sun. I'll do one this weekend. Cool
Bluesman455 Wrote:I was going to do a review this past weekend,but ended up working sat. and sun. I'll do one this weekend. Cool

I'll be looking forward to it!
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

US_Tank Wrote:
BuddhaBill Wrote:Oh there is so a box of the la riquezas in my future !! They are probably my favorite non ISOM right now ..but that changes damn near daily !! LOL

Breaks my heart though as I actually bought a bundle of the blacks and a jar . But it was good as I passed them on to BOTLs that really love them . Which is good for my cigar Karma !! LOL

HAHAHAHAHA and I get to buy the bundle from Bill!  Tongue

Even funnier part is I am so excited to get these and I am not even keeping them.

I think it must be like the hunt for OPUS . Was funny as my boss at the cigar shop said when I was smoking one .WOW cant believe you have one of those they are hard to find .I said I have a bundle and a Jar but they arent really my cup of tea .He said I will take them off your hands just to have them on the shelf . I said I already promised them to a friend .He replied wow bet you made a pretty penny on those as hard as they are to get . I said nope just what I paid for them . He said ARE YOU STUPID??  I said ..I dont profit on my BOTL's especially when it is something I dont even really care for . If  La Riquezas were that hard to get and I stumbled across some I might mark them up a little as I was parting with something I like that will probably cost me a premium to replace .But I dont even know then .
Have La Riquezas not tried the black yet I'm going wait to open the jar. Tried the  la riquezas and liked them. 
Alot of people I have talked to that got these as samples before they came out said they mellow out and are a phenomenal cigar . hence why I am going to put the jar down for a long nap . Hoping a year turns these into a superstar cigar.
BuddhaBill Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:
BuddhaBill Wrote:Oh there is so a box of the la riquezas in my future !! They are probably my favorite non ISOM right now ..but that changes damn near daily !! LOL

Breaks my heart though as I actually bought a bundle of the blacks and a jar . But it was good as I passed them on to BOTLs that really love them . Which is good for my cigar Karma !! LOL

HAHAHAHAHA and I get to buy the bundle from Bill!  Tongue

Even funnier part is I am so excited to get these and I am not even keeping them.

I think it must be like the hunt for OPUS . Was funny as my boss at the cigar shop said when I was smoking one .WOW cant believe you have one of those they are hard to find .I said I have a bundle and a Jar but they arent really my cup of tea .He said I will take them off your hands just to have them on the shelf . I said I already promised them to a friend .He replied wow bet you made a pretty penny on those as hard as they are to get . I said nope just what I paid for them . He said ARE YOU STUPID??  I said ..I dont profit on my BOTL's especially when it is something I dont even really care for . If  La Riquezas were that hard to get and I stumbled across some I might mark them up a little as I was parting with something I like that will probably cost me a premium to replace .But I dont even know then .

Good words Bill!  I am able to obtain Opus X and Anejo's for some of the fellas.  I just broker the deal with no profit.  I just want the fella's to have a stick that they cannot get elsewhere.
Finally smoked one last night.  Not what I expected.  Not an 'in your face' cigar at all.

Aesthetics - these cigars look and feel old.  The wrapper felt rustic, like these had years of age on them. 

Took some time for the flavors to really develop.  To me, this seems more like a morning cigar.  Very, very complex.

Great smoke, just not what I think of when I think Tatuaje - nothing like the brown labels at all.  I will have to revisit these.
Magnum PI Wrote:Finally smoked one last night.  Not what I expected.  Not an 'in your face' cigar at all.

Aesthetics - these cigars look and feel old.  The wrapper felt rustic, like these had years of age on them. 

Took some time for the flavors to really develop.  To me, this seems more like a morning cigar.  Very, very complex.

Great smoke, just not what I think of when I think Tatuaje - nothing like the brown labels at all. I will have to revisit these.
Yeah ... most people go into these black label Tats thinking they are gonna get blown of their ass with some like a super brown label or something. But you gotta realize ...the black label aint about strength .. its all about flavor and being one freakin' great smooth cigar. No punch like the brown labels (which I LOVE!). But none the less....the black labels are great cigars ... just enjoy them for being a wonderful smooth and tastey cigar. Look at PAMs  ... no real kick to them (my opinion) just kick ass awesome cigars loaded with flavor and smooth as hell.