Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Father-in-law and cigars...
Just wanted to share a fun story about my Father-in-law...   A few of you were lucky enough to meet him at the Modesto Herf -- he is a hell of a guy, and truly like a second father to me.

He is a retired Sheriff's Deputy, and he and my MIL have spent the past few years just traveling around the country in one of those ginormous motor homes.

So he and I used to smoke a cigar every once in a while, which is great because my dad won't touch 'em.   Well, he got really excited about the herf and getting invited and so I picked up a cutter and torch for him so that he would feel like "one of the guys". Big Grin

I also got some beads and put together a cigar box for him to keep a few singles when he is on the road.  Well, as you all know....   this didn't last long...   With the cigars he got at the herf, he outgrew the cigar box.

Then he really got the fever, and before I could go out and pick one up for him, he went and bid on a humi on ebay!   So it came today -- it is a Thompson's brand that he got from somebody in WA (NOT the store!), and it is actually pretty solid.   Nicely hinged and heavy lid with a great seal - about a 50 count or so.

It came here to the house, and so I am getting it ready for the beads and smokes he has...   and I think I am going to have to find something to fill up the rest of the space...   Wink

Anyway, I took a pic and attached it...   I just thought that is was really cool that my FIL has fallen under my evil influence and is ready to start buying and smoking more cigars!

Great job, Pop!  Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

very nice
Very nice !! Awesome that you get along with your father in law .Mine is a moron who I only spend time with when I am forced to .

HA!  Awesome!  My father-in-law is the best as well.  I call him Dad.

My very forst humidor was a Thompsons....a long time ago.  never had any problems with that thing.  Gave to to my bro and he loves it. 

Nice gestureWink
Excellent!
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Great story![cigar]
gotta love it. that same humidor was my second one as well. it treated me darn well, till i passed it on to the minister of my church. speaking of funny father stories, one day i will have to post pics of my dad's bowl of cigar butts he keeps over the sink.
scott81425 Wrote:gotta love it. that same humidor was my second one as well. it treated me darn well, till i passed it on to the minister of my church. speaking of funny father stories, one day i will have to post pics of my dad's bowl of cigar butts he keeps over the sink.
 A MUST!
Yeah Pop is a great guy, MTM is very lucky to have a FIL like that Tongue
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
coolage