Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent lighter search
i got one from kingbutane.com when i was purchasing some of their lighter fuel. their fuel is pretty decent, and a great price, and the service from the site is really good. i got the volcano triple flame pocket torch shown here

http://kingbutane.com/products.asp?cat=9

i think it was like 5 bucks with the fuel, and it's my best pocket lighter. i love it. i also have one of the nibo royal triple flame torches shown here

http://kingbutane.com/products.asp?cat=15

and it's treated me well. still lights like a champ, but the button is getting a little tricky to operate over the years. it was the first lighter i ever bought for my cigars, a few years ago. worth it for sure.  it was also recommended to me on this site to get this one

http://www.blazerproducts.com/tools/pt4000.html

and it's the best lighter ever. not as portable as my other 2, but that thing has never had a problem lighting, and the fuel lasts forever on it.
I love my Blazer but i'ts not a triple flame. Give Vector a try, I have heard good things about them.

Paul. Stogiesmile

php007 Wrote:I love my Blazer but i'ts not a triple flame. Give Vector a try, I have heard good things about them.

Yep.  I have had a Vector Tizio for about two years now, and except for dinging the enamel, the thing is as good as new!!
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
JoeBob Wrote:I see guys all the time using the cheap-o torches.
I think if you go cheaper on the unit itself, and get the best fuel, you'd be happily surprised to see the lifetime of the torch.

Even with the super-refined fuels the ebay lighters won't likely last as long as the big-names, but you'd have to go through quite a few before paying as much.

I have 2 Colibri high end lighters and a promethious. All 3 were over $80 each (one was over $120). All 3 failed within 2 years using the best of fuels.

I have some $5 single and tripple jet torches still working after 5 years.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
JoeBob Wrote:I see guys all the time using the cheap-o torches.
I think if you go cheaper on the unit itself, and get the best fuel, you'd be happily surprised to see the lifetime of the torch.

Even with the super-refined fuels the ebay lighters won't likely last as long as the big-names, but you'd have to go through quite a few before paying as much.

I have 2 Colibri high end lighters and a promethious. All 3 were over $80 each (one was over $120). All 3 failed within 2 years using the best of fuels.

I have some $5 single and tripple jet torches still working after 5 years.

Same here...   I have several $5ish torches around the house that I have been using for quite some time...  and I don't even use great fuel in them all the time.

Also, my Zippo Z-Plus insert is a few years old, and still works like a champ!

I have a bunch but my favorite by far is my Blazer (the original one that looks like a scuba tank) I have had this thing for over 13 years and have had zero problems and that was using different fuels thru the years. I also have an X-Tend that I like alot but its not as good as my Blazer
You gotta get one of these:

[Image: st_dupont_xtend_tattoo_2_big.jpg]

Best lighter I EVER owned!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Blazer<----  This is a tank. IF you want a good, strong lighter this is it!Big Grin