• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gispert Maduro
Robusto

5x54
Box Pressed

Wraper: Ecuador
Binder:Honduras
Filler:Honduras and Nicaragua

This is a perfect example of a box pressed cigar. The chocolate colored wrapper is thick like oily leather and delivers a nice scent of leather and silage. My only bad observation is that this cigar did not have a nicely constructed cap as I used a punch on it the wrapper cap came right off, I would recommend a cutter instead.

The cigar burns almost straight. Even on the drive home with the windows down. The ash is a nice firm white ash. This cigar delivers a constant taste of cherrywood, leather and a very slight hint of pepper.

Overall there is really nothing spectacular about this smoke other than the nice box press, the flavor is mild, and makes for a great beginners smoke or something to take a break and cleanse your pallet from the full bodied smokes. I found it consistant and not meaning this in a negative way very monotone. The lack of spiciness, is also a very nice break.
Thanks, JoeWink
This was my first box purchase.  Great value cigar.  Haven't had one in a few years.  Thanks for the review.
jsaucedo Wrote:Robusto

5x54
Box Pressed

Wraper: Ecuador
Binder:Honduras
Filler:Honduras and Nicaragua

This is a perfect example of a box pressed cigar. The chocolate colored wrapper is thick like oily leather and delivers a nice scent of leather and silage. My only bad observation is that this cigar did not have a nicely constructed cap as I used a punch on it the wrapper cap came right off, I would recommend a cutter instead.

The cigar burns almost straight. Even on the drive home with the windows down. The ash is a nice firm white ash. This cigar delivers a constant taste of cherrywood, leather and a very slight hint of pepper.

Overall there is really nothing spectacular about this smoke other than the nice box press, the flavor is mild, and makes for a great beginners smoke or something to take a break and cleanse your pallet from the full bodied smokes. I found it consistant and not meaning this in a negative way very monotone. The lack of spiciness, is also a very nice break.
I have been kind of indecisive of trying one but thanks to your review i think i am going to finally try one [cigar]
Thanks Joe, I missed your reviews lately.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore