Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minneapolis CRA Event

So I head on down to the Twin Cities to meet up with my buddy Mike and Gunnar for the Cigar Rights of America Event.  We had an awesome time. 

From Fargo, I can get downtown Minneapolis in about 3.5-4 hours.  Maple Grove is the very northwest suburb and I figured I would stop at Cigar Grove since they are working with the CRA event.  And as it turned out, Gunnar advised me to go there since he said its probably the nicest shop in the Twin Cities area.

So I get to Cigar Grove around 2pm amd promptly spent $200 there.  Then I am told that the cigar manufacturer's for the CRA event are on their way.  I am like "now way".  So I light up a stick and wait for about 20 minutes mingling with the 10 or so patron's in there. 

Ironically, 2 fellas that run my local shop in Fargo are in this store as they too are in town for the CRA event.  Then the fun begins.

I run into Jose Oliva.  Lucky for me I am wearing my NUB shirt.  He asks who gave me that particular shirt.  Someone is in trouble I think? 

Can you belive I happen to have my camera along?  Big Grin

[Image: IMG_1151.jpg]

I must say, knowing fellas from Stogie Chat was a tremendous advantage.  Jose and I had a lot to talk about.  Especially when the common topic is Skipper John.  Skipper should be paranoid as hell,  maybe his ear's were ringing in Aruba cause Jose and I had a lot to talk about in regards to Skipper.

Then we talked about Mario and the card tricks.  This commonality of friends helped forge a friendship with Jose.  We had a blast.  I told Jose about the Mario/Tank bombs and my trip to NY to surprise Mario and Skipper.  We also talked about Jimmie the Mum and his Oliva Series V Lancero addiction.  We too talked about Dave Wagner and my time with him at the LI Herf, Sam, and about the NUB cigars.  Great time.

Irony of ironies is that Mario called me when I was at the shop with these guys.  I told him about obtaining a pre-release of a CAO LX2.  Mario wanted one.  And he said to say hello to Jose.  Jose says hello back!

With only a handful of fellas in the shop, and most had no idea who any of these manfucturer's even were, I had a lot of time to shoot the shit and take some pictures.  Here is Rocky Patel,  the guy in the yellow is Paolo Garzaroli the owner of Graycliff, and the other guy is Jean Emond the Ambassador for Graycliff

[Image: IMG_1153.jpg]

Then with Keith Park and God of Fire

[Image: IMG_1158.jpg]

Nick Perdomo

[Image: IMG_1159.jpg]

Group shot

[Image: IMG_1156.jpg]

Here is Tim Ozgener President of CAO.  I was not smoozing but I told him about my story about getting into premium cigars--and that CAO CX2 and MX2 were large parts.  We talked about the entire line and my love for the Visions.

[Image: IMG_1155.jpg]

He gifted me some nice items.  He asked me about the CAO America and I told him that I love thoses sticks.  Lucky for me.

[Image: IMG_1247-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1249.jpg]

Tim insisted that I try these out.  I cannot wait.  I just wrote him a "thank you" note.  Mario watch your mailbox.  Big Grin

[Image: IMG_1244.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1245.jpg]

I will start another thread regarding the next part of my day!  But this was a wonderful and surprising start. 

I also run into Christian Eiroa from Camacho cigars.  I called Robbie to let him know that I got to meet the Camacho legend.   

Daryn, I have enjoyed my summer living vicariously through your travelsWink
steve047 Wrote:Daryn, I have enjoyed my summer living vicariously through your travelsWink

We hoped you could have done Vegas Steve!  And remember, the Mum guided me along!
Damn Daryn...

What an unbelievable story!    Thanks again for the great recaps!

MaytagMan Wrote:Damn Daryn...

What an unbelievable story!    Thanks again for the great recaps!

Nobody would have believe it!  Glad I had my camera!  Smile   And to think I have about 50 more pictures.
If anyone deserved a night like this, it was the Tank. Man I'm happy for you.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
AWESOME TANKY!!! After speaking to you that night...I was thinking of your event the entire night! Just awesome man! And HUGE THANKS for that LX2 brother!!! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007