Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Year's Opus 22
[Image: opusbox.jpg]
In 2004, 22 Fuente Fuente OpusX cigars in various sizes were released in a special commemorative box in order to raise fund for Cigar Family Charitable Foundation. This special box has been known as Opus22 to cigar connoisseurs all over the world.

Each cigar is packaged in a special coffin box that is imprinted with the name of the cigar and the year of release. A total of 500 boxes are shipped to retail tobacconists in the month of November every year.

2008 is the fifth anniversary of Opus22 and Carlito Fuente has created unforgettable new shapes and sizes:

FFOX El Scorpion
FFOX El Scorpion Maduro
FFOX LFMF
FFOX Love Story
FFOX Princessa D
FFOX Taurus the Bull

[Image: 3cigars_Opus_X22.jpg]
Now there's some good looking sticks!  I've never spent the money for one of these chests but I'd be interested in doing one of those lottery splits possibly if someone could track one down.  I cannot organize this myself for 2 reasons:

1.  MN taxes would damned near double the price of this thing.
2.  I'd be too tempted to rig the lotto!Tongue

Seriously though, a nice offering this year.
Helluva selection.  The only way I could see myself acquiring a box of these would be if I actually won the lottery.  This is the same as drooling over an Astin Martin.  [winner]
I hope to buy two when they come out late this year.  I know Skipper will be picking up a box. I can try to obtain another box if you want.

Paul. Stogiesmile

They are a bit out of my price league....I'm waiting fo the new Litto's.Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I might be willing to let go of one of the 05 Opus 22s if someone is interested.  They would have almost 5 years on them. Just let me know.T

The 2005 release of “Opus22”, which has a total of 22 FFOX cigars (same number as 2004), is serial-numbered and comes with a certificate of authenticity. It has 14 cigars in 7 rare and specal sizes, and 8 cigars from the classic sizes. Each cigar is packaged in coffin, which is printed with the year of release and the name of the cigar. Furthermore, for the first time, these cigars will be released with the second band signifying the year of release. This will definitely enhance the collectability of these rare cigars. 
The Doc podcast.   http://www.stogiefresh.com/journal/Site/Podcast/Entries/2008/1/20_Episode-100-Fuente-Opus-22.html

Special and Rare Sizes

SerieX X Square (2)
BBMF (1)
LBMF (1)
Shark (2)
Double Robusto (3)
Chili Pepper (3)
Forbidden X Lancero (2)

Classic sizes

Double Corona (2)
Reserva d’Chateau (2)
Perfecxion X (2)
Perfecxion No.2 (2)

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:I might be willing to let go of one of the 05 Opus 22s if someone is interested.  They would have almost 5 years on them. Just let me know.T

The 2005 release of “Opus22”, which has a total of 22 FFOX cigars (same number as 2004), is serial-numbered and comes with a certificate of authenticity. It has 14 cigars in 7 rare and specal sizes, and 8 cigars from the classic sizes. Each cigar is packaged in coffin, which is printed with the year of release and the name of the cigar. Furthermore, for the first time, these cigars will be released with the second band signifying the year of release. This will definitely enhance the collectability of these rare cigars. 
The Doc podcast.   [color="black"]http://www.stogiefresh.com/journal/Site/Podcast/Entries/2008/1/20_Episode-100-Fuente-Opus-22.html[/color]

Special and Rare Sizes

SerieX X Square (2)
BBMF (1)
LBMF (1)
Shark (2)
Double Robusto (3)
Chili Pepper (3)
Forbidden X Lancero (2)

Classic sizes

Double Corona (2)
Reserva d’Chateau (2)
Perfecxion X (2)
Perfecxion No.2 (2)

Very generous offer Terry, I wish I was in a position to take you up on that.
[user=879]tafdom[/user] wrote:
Quote:I might be willing to let go of one of the 05 Opus 22s if someone is interested.  They would have almost 5 years on them. Just let me know.T

The Doc podcast.   http://www.stogiefresh.com/journal/Site/Podcast/Entries/2008/1/20_Episode-100-Fuente-Opus-22.html

Special and Rare Sizes

SerieX X Square (2)
BBMF (1)
LBMF (1)
Shark (2)
Double Robusto (3)
Chili Pepper (3)
Forbidden X Lancero (2)

Classic sizes

Double Corona (2)
Reserva d’Chateau (2)
Perfecxion X (2)
Perfecxion No.2 (2)

The timing is just a little off for me T, or I would be all over that offer.

If its still available later in the year I could be interested.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why