Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you collect that many ?
[user=84]macallan2[/user] wrote:
Quote:  Don't worry Boar . . . Tongue

You da man! Big Grin

I wouldn't mind two of those samplers if I can swing it at the time---one to age, the other to treasure and savor and slowly smoke my way through one at a time. Cool

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
And to answer the original question - read the exchange between NANP and Mac. Tongue

You see something, say "Hmm I want one of those...." and before you know it, you have a box of them.
You see a person that you know has similar tastes give a particular cigar a great review, and you decide to try it for yourself.
Then you see something like "Today only sale!" and you think to yourself that you'd be crazy to pass up that deal.
Then you see something like "Limited Edition release!" and you think to yourself you'd be stupid to pass those up.

Seeing a pattern? Big Grin

[Image: discount.jpg]

[Image: visa_mc_discover_logo.jpg]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

A friend of mine came over the other night and we typically go searching through my stash, which covers a couple of rooms. We were looking at my first cabinet humidor, a Staebell Mini-cabinet, and my friend said, "Remember when you only had that?"

I remember filling that cabinet before I even received it. Those of you who have bought cabinets know what I'm talking about. You know you're going to have all this room, so you start buying boxes to coincide with putting your new cabinet into service. Bammo! In no time the sucker's full and you are looking for more space.

It just happens. Becoming a cigar hobbyist is one of the funnest things, but it is costly.

[PS, thanks for the kudos on my podcast]

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Man, guys, I 'll tell you, you are all awesome.  Obviously to be on here with you guys is a great honor.  Any group that can have this much fun, and have this much passion is truly a wonderfull thing.  I'm sorry I haven't been back on here till today, but I love all the responses.  I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.  It was Cuban Siglo VI's for me on the beach in Jacksonville, Fl, and then Anejo 77 sharks the my dad had at his favorite smoke and drink establishment, the Cellar Grille in St. Johns.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:Man, guys, I 'll tell you, you are all awesome.  Obviously to be on here with you guys is a great honor.  Any group that can have this much fun, and have this much passion is truly a wonderfull thing.  I'm sorry I haven't been back on here till today, but I love all the responses.  I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.  It was Cuban Siglo VI's for me on the beach in Jacksonville, Fl, and then Anejo 77 sharks the my dad had at his favorite smoke and drink establishment, the Cellar Grille in St. Johns.
Sounds like you got the right idea!   Smile
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote:Boar I bet that box in Vegas cost a minimum of $160.  I did not see a house Casa Fuente stick under $20 there.   Maybe the kids can chime in but neither the Mum nor I even sampled any of those sticks.

Or maybe you have in the past?

I've had about a dozen or so, in four different sizes, largely thanks to Mac's Vegas trips. He always hooks me up! Big Grin

Absolutely love 'em. They're a little like Opus X but less leathery, with a flavor that hits me right in my sweet spot.

NANP™
[cigar]

Now I wish I would have tried one!  :?