Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humi Question...
Ok, so I have the Antietam, it has an Oasis xl (thanks to Poriggity) 2pnds of 65% beads, and 1 oust fan...
The humidity is bouncing from 56 to 65 depending on the time of day...
That's alot better than it was doing, but should it be fluctuating like that???

Also, is there any certian locations in the humi that I should place items such as the 4 1/2pnd bags of beads the oasis and the oust???
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
aracos Wrote:Ok, so I have the Antietam, it has an Oasis xl (thanks to Poriggity) 2pnds of 65% beads, and 1 oust fan...

Also, is there any certian locations in the humi that I should place items such as the 4 1/2pnd bags of beads the oasis and the oust???
Give it some time. It will take a little while for it to season, be patient.Wink
aracos Wrote:Ok, so I have the Antietam, it has an Oasis xl (thanks to Poriggity) 2pnds of 65% beads, and 1 oust fan...

Did you add cigars yet?  I waited 4 days with my first Antietam and 2 weeks with my second one.
I have a couple in a bag in it, otherwise I've been waiting till it settles down before I post the rest in it...
Dont feel bad about that. i've been having issues with my humi. i have since got the beads, the drymistat sticks, and have seasoned the thing and have finished a 3rd seasoning process cause i was having a low humidity leavel. i found that there was a poor seal @ the hinge area from where they did not reses the hinge far enough. i have taken the humi apart, resesed the hinge, and am waiting for the 3rd seasoning to finish up tomorrow. you might want to check the seals all the way around and make sure that all is sealing up. Other than that i dont know what to say.

Hope that this Helps!

AC[cigar]
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

The beads are going to fight the Oasis and play pong with the humidity.  The Oasis is more than able to handle that great humi. Good luck

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Well the humidity has settled down a bit...
Yesterday it only had a 3 degree swing, 66-68 with temps ranging from 70-81...
Not much I can do about the temps...
Just select the most constant (temperature-wise) spot on yer house, so at least there is less fluctuation.
Ya know... You guys have really pushed me down the slope... Wink

I was filling the Antietam today and actually counted what I had. Confusedhock:
I have around 130 or so sticks... While thats not a lot compared to most folk here abouts, it is 4x more than I ever thought I would have... Tongue
aracos Wrote:Ya know... You guys have really pushed me down the slope... Wink

I was filling the Antietam today and actually counted what I had. Confusedhock:
I have around 130 or so sticks... While thats not a lot compared to most folk here abouts, it is 4x more than I ever thought I would have... Tongue
Slippery bastage, oi? I must say, there was a time when a box appeared as a huge ammount of cigars; when 25 was like: Blimey! Now what with so many of 'em? Then, the slidding begun (and I must add, this place ain't helped as well. Nearly doubled the amount of sticks I smoke).