Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grampa and George Burns
In the world that we live in today there is sooooo much political correctness and pusing our freedoms and rights, such as a fine Cigar, on the back burner. In the days of Mr Burns and my Grandpa (when there was only three tv stations, if you were lucky to have a tv and then you were left with w/ radio) there was no BS of people being offended by a good smoke. There was stories of my Grandpa ( 3rd grade drop out and Master Carpenter) building a house having a good smoke while working. I have a picture from a local paper when he was in his 20's enjoying a good smoke and using a saw at a home build. Did the new home owner bit*h moan and grown about him smoking? No, in fact the new home owner would come to check the progess of the build and sit down and have a smoke with Grampa and the other guys building his house. Then there was Mr Burns who would come out onstage a entertain the crowd with his jokes, stories, and while doing all this he was enjoying a good smoke aswell.  

As I look at the past and see those that enjoyed a good smoke i think of what it will be like if the Career politicans and Goverment have their ways with the Pleasurable things in our life. There was one thing that made Gramps happy, other than his family, and that was a good smoke and knowing that he was needed. When i was looking aroung i found a Great artical that was written after the passing of the Great Mr George Burns. He had told an interviwer for Cigar Afficanado

"I find you have to take each day as it comes and be thankful for who's left and whatever you can still do. That's why I'm so grateful that after all these years, there's still a demand for me."

Just as Mr Burns stated, I count myself lucky to know that my children and wife need me and i take each day as it comes enjoying a gift from God, My Family and A GOOD SMOKE! We need to stand together and protect our  families,rights and our smokes and never backdown from the principles that was passed down to us from our Grandpas, Dads and uncles so that we may pass them down to our children.

Thanks Guys for your time and Enjoy a Good Smoke in Memory of all the fine people that had an influance on Your lives!

AC[cigar]
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

Well said.

You know, it's funny. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law went through this phase of telling their adopted kids how bad smoking was for their uncle. When they saw me, my niece and nephew would tell me how smoking cigars was going to kill me, that they stunk, etc, etc, etc.

Today, all they want to do is hang out with their "Bad Uncle" while he enjoys a cigar and a beer! I tell those brats to leave me alone! (Yeah right. To these kids, I'm the most fascinating thing going.) I guess it's not nearly as stinky as they say, lol.

For my part, I just try to stay to myself and smoke what I like, when I can get a chance. I think that the inherent value of a good cigar, great conversation, and some old-fashioned relaxation are self-evident, and scream a silent testimony for the good things in life.

I expect that my kids will probably grow up with a healthy perspective on smoking, drinking, and all of the other things that should be enjoyed in moderation. Without it being a taboo, secret thing to sneak around with, I don't think smoking will be a big deal to them; unlike their peers. I really can't see my kids thinking that cigarettes are something cool.

I hope that they will develop (at the right time) a fondness for sharing a blue-moon cigar or pipe with their old man in the 'cave. Instead of something unhealthy, a fine cigar becomes a medium for spending time with loved ones and catching up on life.

I'm really glad I discovered the joy of a good smoke, and that I can be The Cigar Ambassador to others. Keep spreading your love of the leaf, one person at a time; and don't let the naysayers bother you. That's the answer to Prohibition, in all it's many forms.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!