Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 GOF Charity Dinner
So, I went to the God of Fire annual dinner last weekend and wrote up a full report here: 2008 God of Fire Charity Dinner.

Of course, there were plenty of cigar celebs and actors, producers, directors and more Hollywood types. Jim Belushi was especially fun. He loves cigars and mixed it up with everyone in attendance.
[Image: IMG_2392.jpg?disposition=download]

I was disappointed with the rest of the celebs who only hung out with each other at the "star table." Such a shame. They had a chance to spread some goodwill, but were adept at "turning on their heels."

Nevertheless, the event was a huge success as a fundraiser for the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation.

We smoked some choice God of Fire cigars from 2004, 2005 and 2006. And we even came away with some Opus X and special Don Carlos cigars.

At $500 a plate, I'm not sure if I will attend again, but as a one-time cigar experience, it was truly a one-of-a-kind event.

Check out the photo slideshow here: God of Fire Dinner at Hotel Bel Air.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
WOW!!  Looks like it was a great time!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Very cool Doc. Thanks for sharing. 
Nice Doc. Jim is a real big cigar guy, and an avid fisherman as well. Cool

Would love to have a chance to meet him as he seems like a real likable guy. I've seen a few fishing shows with him on them and he really seems like the type of guy who would fit in right here.

Thanks for sharing Doc, much appreciated.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
nice doc. I went to the first one of those held in NY. It was great, but the auctions... wayyyy out of my reach.
Wow Doc... very nice!    What a special night!