Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never EVER order from CigarExtras.com...
Why? Because I just went through a month of the worst example of customer service I've ever seen... It was terrible!

Here's my story and more details

http://rusirius76.blogspot.com/2008/10/n...ascom.html

Hopefully my plight will save you from experiencing the same thing!
rusirius Wrote:Why? Because I just went through a month of the worst example of customer service I've ever seen... It was terrible!

Here's my story and more details

http://rusirius76.blogspot.com/2008/10/never-ever-order-from-cigarextrascom.html

Hopefully my plight will save you from experiencing the same thing!
While I can appreciate your situation here and I thank you for doing what you feel is your duty, I must say I find it to be in bad form to come here and not even bother to introduce yourself to this forum before ranting about some company.  In this day and age it is very easy for someone with a grudge or vendetta to ruin a company with this type of viral attack.  I have no idea about this company or you but I would urge everyone who reads this to take it all with a grain or two of salt.Wink  Now, if your accounting of the situation is accurate then I agree with you 100% and would probably have reacted in the same way.  It's amazing how some businesses think they can hide behind technology and the lack of accountability due to no face to face interaction.  I hope you get a final resolution that suits you.
I'm familiar with that humidor and the manufacturer.   We USED to carry that item long ago and believe me, I can relate to your "pain".   The manufacturer changes them all the time based on available materials and what day it is.

That humidor comes in two different models, a front loading and rear loading type.   The old pictures/design they did use real nice cedar rails for the trays.    At some point the manufacturer changed to little wooden pegs instead of rails, thus the trays are now a bitch to get put back in.   Plus other little changes from one order to the next would occur, like the knob or a slightly different color stain.

I'm not going to comment on the retailers actions on the return or how they handled the situation.   I think everyone can make their own judgement on how they would like to be treated in such a bad situation.   PLUS, its only your side which is posted.

I will say that it does really pay to deal with your local walk-in stores and online retailers who actually have inventory on hand when it comes to such items.   The best price is sometimes the worst service...

When you order through someone who sells and drop ships products, you have a good chance of being burnt if something is not right with the order.   I'm not familiar with that company, but perhaps that is the case because they didn't know the item had changed before they shipped to you.    I knew about that change over a year ago when buying those humidors for our local bars, so it was NOT a recent change.  Wink

Good luck!   Hope you stick around and get to know the crew here.   We can all turn you on to better retailers and sources for cigars and accessories!
mac is right, that's seemingly bad form to come here and just post that. i wouldn't even have messed with it nearly as much as you did. after receiving the product not as described, i would have made the call and allowed them the option to fix it. if they didn't fix it, i would have ended the call by informing them i will be disputing the charge with my credit card, and sent a follow up email informing them of the situation. in that email, they would have explained the situation (all the proof you need to file a "significantly not as described" dispute with your credit card) and let the credit card handle it. i've never filed a dispute on the credit card that had to go through. as soon as the company gets that letter from the credit card company, they become more than helpful.