Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm in serious pain ...
I just looked at my 401k, and I think I'm going to throw up!
bartok Wrote:I just looked at my 401k, and I think I'm going to throw up!
you have lots of company. I took off today... I dont think I can take another day of this crap.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
you have lots of company. I took off today... I dont think I can take another day of this crap.
I'm in the same boat. [baby]

Only good thing for me is I have 15 to 20 years to go before retirement so I have a good chance of recouping from this. Unless my funds go down the toilet before the market comes around.
My company doesn't even offer a 401....
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
fishhound Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
I'm in the same boat. [baby]

Only good thing for me is I have 15 to 20 years to go before retirement so I have a good chance of recouping from this. Unless my funds go down the toilet before the market comes around.
I am in the same boat.  And all this time I critisized my wife for being in bonds, etc... Her is stable.  I have taken a f*&#king bath[baby]
I'm affraid to even look at mine! The last i looked i had lost about a 3rd of what i had. I guess that i could take off, but i think it to be best to keep working so that i can make the goverment some more money and try to survive.

[curse]
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

I'm not even going to talk about this anymore. The best advice I can give you is to see Kuma-San.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
first of all, this is why god created bourbon.

second, a bright spot in this clusterf*** is that the populace may finally purge the beltway of copious bottomfeeding undead, along with the economic swap-logarithm f***sticks in financial dreamland, and the f***nut bigwigs who figured conjured side bets were just swell as heck, as long as nobody ever threw the curtain back.

i love capitalism. it's the motor.

that said, perverting capitalism is like urinating in the breadbasket. f*** these f***sticks who took advantage of trust and work and money. i hope they have fun living like o.j. and getting the eternal stinkeye from the human race.

i guess it's just history repeating. we will crawl back out of this and kick ass again. in the meantime, i'm warming up my torches and pitchforks...
Bungalowbill Wrote:first of all, this is why god created bourbon.

second, a bright spot in this clusterf*** is that the populace may finally purge the beltway of copious bottomfeeding undead, along with the economic swap-logarithm f***sticks in financial dreamland, and the f***nut bigwigs who figured conjured side bets were just swell as heck, as long as nobody ever threw the curtain back.

i love capitalism. it's the motor.

that said, perverting capitalism is like urinating in the breadbasket. f*** these f***sticks who took advantage of trust and work and money. i hope they have fun living like o.j. and getting the eternal stinkeye from the human race.

i guess it's just history repeating. we will crawl back out of this and kick ass again. in the meantime, i'm warming up my torches and pitchforks...
well said Bill..............uncertain times ahead.  I am thankful for the friends and family around me; as I am sure the rest of you are as well.