Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a few thoughts
When I first posted here, I was all about the flavored cigars... Acids mainly. I then followed a few suggestions and picked up some  more traditional smokes.

Man oh man! Now I am hooked! I'm still developing my palate, and do still enjoy an Acid or Java here and there, but WOW! I never thought that non-flavored(bad choice, I know) cigars could be SO flavorful!

My "old standby" is an RP Edge maddie...Love 'em! Whenever I go to me B&M, I pick up one or two of other brands/types just to try them....I must say, I really enjoy the La Flor DL chisel.What a nice smoke that is! I've picked up a few Nubs too...Those little guys are powerhouses!

I never thought looking at a cigar could make my mouth water....[cigar]

I guess the reason I posted this is to let new guys(like myself) know that it's okay to experiment with different brands, wrappers, sizes, etc. You will know when you've found "your" keepers...

Now, excuse me while I smoke this![smokin4]

Tim
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
I vow never to smoke a flavored cigar ever again.  After I got into more premium cigars, I could not even handle the taste of anything flavored.   Most of us here I presume feel the same.

Keep experimenting.  The more you hang around here the more you will learn and long to try.  If not for Stogie Chat I would have a LOT more money which would not have been spent on cigars.  However,  I am more rich in friends and comraderie.  And our common love is cigars.   And I am still learning for these guys.
US_Tank Wrote:I vow never to smoke a flavored cigar ever again.  After I got into more premium cigars, I could not even handle the taste of anything flavored.   Most of us here I presume feel the same.

Keep experimenting.  The more you hang around here the more you will learn and long to try.  If not for Stogie Chat I would have a LOT more money which would not have been spent on cigars.  However,  I am more rich in friends and comraderie.  And our common love is cigars.   And I am still learning for these guys.

I hear ya man....

I really have been experimenting quite a bit. I just named a few cigars in my above post. Some cigars I can really get into, some...well, not so much. I think that trying something new every so often enables me to really get a good feeling for what's out there. Like I said, I love those RP Edge sticks, but I am constantly buying singles to try....... It's nice to have a place to come to where others have had first hand experience, and can give solid advice..

TB
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Sooner or later, you'll narrow down the cigars you like & dislike. You'll also find others here who have the same tastes & then when they mention someting that they like, it's a good chance you'll like it too. Keep an eye out on the review sections.

Just remember your tastes can be affected by other factors...the mood you're in when you smoke, what you ate, what you;re drinking, who you're smoking with, etc. Not to mention getting a cold.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles