Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatuaje Reserva J21
BACKGROUND:  This is a 5 x 50 robusto from the Tat Brown Label line.  The stick has an extra band that reminds me of the Cuban ELs that I have, um, only seen in photographs - its black and gold and states Reserva.  Its really a beautiful cigar and sports a ligero wrapper.  My particular stick came from a box dated Nov 07.  I smoked it in my yard with an unsweetend iced tea and without my camera.  Sorry.

Note - This was my first J21.  I smoked it a day after having a Cojonu 2006, so that may have had an impact on how this cigar tasted to me.

CONTSRUCTION / BURN:  I love the taste of all of the Tat Brown Labels.  The J21 is no exception.  Its the construction, however, I usually have a problem with.  I often find Tat Browns to burn unevenly or unravel.  The J21 had a bit of an uneven burn, but nothing worth complaining about.  Like all of the Tat Browns, its a Nic puro blended by Pepin and rolled in Miami.

TASTE:  The J21 was not as full as the Cojonu 2006, but in no way would I consider in bland.  The typical Pepin spice was present at first, but that quickly disappeared.  Some great woody flavors here.  What really stood out to me was how smooth this cigar was.  No nicotine buzz like I sometimes get with the Tat Brown Tainos.  This was not one of those cigars that you have to battle your way through - just a full flavored, satisfying cigar with hints of cedar and that barnyard smell throughout.

SUMMARY:  The J21 may be my new favorite of the Tat Browns, which says a lot.  The Noellas were my favorite size, and have been for a long time.  The only downside to the J21s is that they cost twice as much as the Noells (about $12 v. $6 depending where you get them).  If I were to ignore the cost, the J21 would be my choice.

(The J21 is the top cigar in the attached picture.  Picture courtesy of vitolas.net.)

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Andy.  I LOVE this cigar.  Tatuaje's in my experience tend to have construction or burn issues.  But their flavor keeps me coming back.  Thanks for the awesome review. 
US_Tank Wrote:Thanks Andy.  I LOVE this cigar.  Tatuaje's in my experience tend to have construction or burn issues.  But their flavor keeps me coming back.  Thanks for the awesome review. 
Yeah ... Tats are no Padrons in the burn category, but their taste alone will keep ya coming back for more each and every time!
These cigars are friggin' awesome!

Nice review. [thumbsup]
Wonderful read, Andy.  Thanks[cigar]  I have not tried these...yetWink
Yes great stick.  Wish I had more.  
I agree with your review, but my favorite is still the Noella.
Maybe it's time I revisit these though...pretty sure there's one or two left in my humidor....
[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote:Yes great stick.  Wish I had more.  

Put it on your pass list and maybe your wish will be granted.