Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some serious advice
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Don't smoke any more of those cigars until you speak with someone. You need to return them and they might not accept them back if you smoke any.
exactly. DO NOT SMOKE ANOTHER. you don't want them to be able to make the argument that you caused the mold to them. i mean, they sold you a box of 20, or 25, or whatever the case is, you should be returning them that. from the pictures i can't tell, but from my experiences, mold is fuzzy and can be brushed off. plume looks more crystal-like, and is part of the cigar. i've never had a mold outbreak, but i've bought multiple times from the same distributor (jr) and had product delivered with mold. contact them immediately, let them know what's going. start off polite, if they give you any resistance, let them know it's unacceptable. you wouldn't pick up a loaf of bread from the store if it was moldy. you put your trust in them by paying them that they would deliver you a high quality product. they let you down. give them the chance to make it right. the only concern would be their return policy. hopefully it's a good one. you work hard for your money, and don't let them take it from you.
Yeah, thanks peeps for the solid advice.  Had no intentions of touching anymore until I get in touch with them and will approach with patient wisdom [smokin2]

Will report back once there is contact made to let everyone know what happened.  Don't want to say who this online retailer is but if anyone wants to know shoot me a pm.  Of course if they don't make it good then EVERYONE will know Wink
Update, contacted retailer today and explained the situation.  I was asked what color the mold is and said it is white and is definitely mold and not plume as I could see where this was going.  The person was very nice and I explained I would like to get a replacement box and said they would send out a label out right away for an exchange.

So far so good!
Received my call tag to send the box back, will let you know what happens next [cigar]
keep us posted.
The issue has been finally resolved.  When I sent the defective box back I asked for a replacement box if they had one but unfortunately they didn't so they credited back my account the cost of the box.  So I guess there are some funds  I can use to purchase more sticks Smile

This was a positive experience and will do business with this company in the future, they were professional, understanding, never questioned me and followed through on their end.

My name is ktee and approve this message!