Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a true college evening
so normally i dont like to go super cheap on cigars, but 2 months ago i bought half a bundle of some JR alteratives to use as give aways for non-stogie buddies of mine.  I figured id best try one before I started giving them out and I came to the conclusion that they are good give aways and thats it.  Tasted like some nice, aged printer paper with a wealth of incosistant taste and some harshness. 

Well i needed to wash it down with something, so I decided to make this evening very cheap, or dare I say, a college evening.  Take a look at the pic.

btw, i only got about 1/3 of the way down the stick before i chucked it, it just wasnt worth it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like you gave it the old collage try [thumbsup] Way to take one for the team [lol] [7up]
And I thought Miller Lite was the college choice or is it the poster in Keystone lite?

Well, at least you know a good stogie from a bad one.Big Grin

Keep experimenting.. 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
HA !!!!  I remember those day's, only difference was for us going to school at Georgia Southern, we looked forward to our Keystone nights, cause it meant we had enough extra cash to purchase an upgrade from SouthPaw and SouthPaw Light.  Talk about some nasty beer, [sick].  I have tried the JR labeled brands and find your review to be right on.  The pre-light taste was like cardboard, and the stick got pitched pretty quickly, it was so astringent, it burned my tongue like acid.  Another nice, cheap stick is the BenchMade brands.  Made in conjunction with Don Pepin Garcia, and usually I can pick them up for about 2 bucks a stick, depending on size, never more than 5 bucks, and they smoked pretty good.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Natural Light was our beer of choice.

Funny, I STILL have some JR Alternatives hidden away in the desktop humidor.
Gosh, they have to be 5 years old by now.

Come to think of it, I haven't even opened that humidor in several months...:?
If you want some good cheap cigars go for the connie#9 (Consugera).
JoeBob Wrote:Natural Light was our beer of choice.

Funny, I STILL have some JR Alternatives hidden away in the desktop humidor.
Gosh, they have to be 5 years old by now.

Come to think of it, I haven't even opened that humidor in several months...:?

I have some Thompsons under the end table (christmas present), still in the silver briefcase thing that are at least a year old.  Wait.  Almost two.  lol

I started smoking cigars the last day of college so I didn't have a chance to get into any chinanigans with cheap cigars and friends.  Sad
JR's?   Better you than me!  [lol]
Some people I party with enjoy the nice flavored convenient store brand of cigars, if you would call them cigars.  And being a college student here at NCSU I can tell you the beer of choice for students around here is normally Busch Light.  Though I will not touch the stuff with a 10 foot pole.
me and my buddies drink stones during a power hour occasionally. i dunno. its definitely not the worst beer, merely a coors light reject really, but it's not the best either. could have been worse, at least it wasn't lost lake. and good old natty ice. those were definitely the brew of choice during my college days. YUCK. pbr is another beer that brings up some bad memories. as for the cigars, if you're gonna get cheapies, at least pick up some flor de oliva. i always try to keep a few cheapies on hand for those non cigar smoking buddies.