Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will President Obama be "cigar friendly?"
ColbyPants Wrote:
sergione Wrote:lets hope he sends it back and puts a huge tax on Hanna Montana records, I'm sure that will fund Universal Health careBig Grin

Good Lord thats a tax I could wholeheartedly support, BRILLIANT IDEA!
I can see it now . . . Vote Churos & Puros 2032!
Magnum PI Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:
sergione Wrote:lets hope he sends it back and puts a huge tax on Hanna Montana records, I'm sure that will fund Universal Health careBig Grin

God help us!  Tongue   But I would love to attend their state dinners and parties!  Smile
US_Tank Wrote:
Magnum PI Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:

God help us!  Tongue   But I would love to attend their state dinners and parties!  Smile

its ok tankie,

no tax on any guns, but bullets will be $5,000 each.

Chris Rockanomics....Big Grin

and yes the embargo would be lifted, only if the cuban team can beat the Red Sox[lol]

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
i have to agree that it doesn't sound good. i know what i'll be using my year end bonus check for this year. [cigar]
scott81425 Wrote:i have to agree that it doesn't sound good. i know what i'll be using my year end bonus check for this year. [cigar]

Guns?   Wink
ColbyPants Wrote:

Don't be so quick to dole out taxes on Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers.  If Obama starts taxing Tank's favorite music, it means fewer cigar bombs for all of you.  Do you really want to bankrupt the poor guy?
I sent the following email to the Obama camp after the primaries:

With the current political battles going on this year, I thought it would be a good time to consider the role that cigars have played in American politics. It seems ironic to me that, in the face of nationwide anti-tobacco legislation, we seem to have forgotten the rather important role that cigars have played in the political arena over the past 100 years, or so.

On a recent visit with my friend Tony Hyman, we were discussing these issues and I asked him if he would write an article for the Stogie Fresh Cigar Journal on some of his favorite examples of how cigars have played a role in politics. I just published this article and would like to share it with you. It's titled: Cigars and Politics.

Here's the link:
http://www.stogiefresh.com/journal/Cigar...itics.html

Tony is one of the foremost American experts on cigar history and he has an awesome collection of cigar boxes an tobacciana.

Since Mr. Barack Obama is poised to win the election for President of the United States and since I am confident that he has been a student of the American political history, I would love to send him a box of cigars of his choice to commemorate this historic occasion and to also underscore the historical importance of cigars in American political history. Just let me know.

No reply... :X

--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Wasn't Obama trying to quit smoking cigarettes during his campaign?

I don't know of any bigger cigar fan then Arnold, Remember how he voted?  He even had a smoking tent at an event. It's just a matter of time.

Buy your gars and guns now!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:No reply... :X
were you surprised?
The last time the bill was introduced the tax rate on cigars was going to be 53% with a cap of $10 a cigar. I would like to know how these idiots came up with such a crazy number.

I'll give you a small example what these taxes do to a small business. When fast Eddie became our gov. here in Pa. he increased the cigarette taxes by $8.50 a carton. Our sales were cut by 50% in a matter of 3 months. Because of this tax we give the government an extra $90,000 a year. Pretty staggering ha. Where does the money go?

JJ