Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not wanting to start another shaving thread, but...
Uncle T is on a roll today. I wonder if hr took double the meds?[happy]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
macallan2 Wrote:Oh and Maytag, if you let me know what you want I may be able to score it for you at cost and then send it to you.  I have access to a lot of this kind of stuff.Wink
Cool, thanks!   I'll PM you when I get it narrowed down to a couple.

[Image: nowhat.jpg]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
    Whichever electric shaving system you decide to go with, the best suggestion I can give would be to stick with it for at least a month - DO NOT alternate between a blade and an electric during this time.  Norelco states that it takes 4-6 weeks for your skin/face to become acclimated to the electric shave system.  During this time, shaves can be uncomfortable and sometimes rough, but it seems those who swear by their electric shavers are rewarded with consistently close shaves after the said break-in period. 

Secondly, a mistake I made with my Norelco - when breaking down the heads for cleaning, DO NOT switch the screens from their paired heads.  The first couple shaves with new heads are always rough, as the fine blades need to be ground in sync with their respective screens.  Changing them begins this process over again.  A guy I used to work with once worked for an extinct company known as "Schick Shaver".  He told me that pairing the screens with their blades takes time, but this process can be shortened by adding a bit of polishing compound to the heads. 
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:And use an after shave (I like just plain witch hazel-it closes the pores and can help to prevent that rash).
     Yes indeed!  If you're Italian and you DON'T have a bottle of witch hazel in your medicine cabinet... you likely have Wonderbread in your pantry! [lol]  Witch hazel was said to be the preferred after shave of Frank Sinatra.
US_Tank Wrote:I have experimented with both electric and the blades.   The 4blade system gives you the closest shave.  The electrics suck if you have a couple of day's growth on. 

I gotta respectfully disagree, mate.  Since switching to a single blade system I get a MUCH closer shave than when I had a for blade cartridge Wink.

Never tried an electric though, I am at times both intrigued and petrified by them.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
a few days of growth is rough for an electric... I will usually use the pop-up trimmer to shorten it first or a blade. The electric is best for daily or at best a 2 day beard.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:a few days of growth is rough for an electric... I will usually use the pop-up trimmer to shorten it first or a blade. The electric is best for daily or at best a 2 day beard.

Agreed. I use all 3. Electric, single blade and cartidage. Just depends when was the last time I shaved etc.

If I use the single blade then usually 2 days later I use the electric as the single blade is by far the smoothest shave I ever had.

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore