Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Wet or To Dry
Hey peeps, I purchased the special on the Pepin's that was listed here and have been very pleased with what I received.  Tonight I hit the patio to enjoy one of the white label JJ smokes and noticed it was looking a little rough.  Took it out of my humi after less than a week and noticed the wrapper was coming apart near the foot, kinda like something was trying to blow through it

[Image: pepin_wrapper.jpg]

It's a little hard to see but if you look close you will see the wrapper is separated.  Then I lit it up and the cap came off on my lips.....

[Image: pepin_cap.jpg]

I'm not sure if this is from my humi or there is something wrong with the stick.  I keep my humi's around 68-70 degrees and averaging 68% humidity. 

So do you think this stick is to wet or dry?  I don't expect everything to be perfect and can live with flaws, after all we are human, but is this possibly something a result of my care of just one of those oddities?

I appreciate all the feedback here and look to you guys to enable my addiction to grow, to what level has yet to be determined Big Grin
I hate to say Ktee, but it's the stick.

Yeah, I know, it sucks, I'll PM you my addy so that I can be sure that these are disposed of properly [thumbsup]

Seriously, though, i've smoked more than a few of the Serie JJ and have found the same problems on most of them.  Lot's of wrapper issues.  Very delicate.  Great smoke, but falls in line with some of the other contruction issues that DPG has been having.  I've heard rumor that for the most part the problems have been fixed, but I haven't seen it. 
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Thanks Matt, when I can get a draw it is really good, in fact great!  But it's like smoking an alien if you get my drift [wow]
Look at this, it's reminds me of.....well never mind but check it out

[Image: pepin_blowup.jpg]

The wrapper is coming apart and the ash looks like someone stuffed it with some smurf size c-4 explosives.....lol
I ordered the same special and I haven't smoked any yet.  I like my Pepins to get acclimated to my coolidor.  I usually wait about a week or more.

I will agree that some Pepin have gentle wrappers.  I have encountered a few wrapper problems with the Tatuaje P1.  I've smoked about 25 this month and had 3 or 4 wrapper problems.  The more they age the less problems I've had.