Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Litto Gomez Small Batch II on Cbid
Magnum PI Wrote:
BaileyCAO Wrote:[user=35]Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Magnum PI Wrote:Do any of you guys buy stuff from cbid?  I stay away from the auction sites as I hear nothing but bad news.  Same with ci.
Joe, ci is cbid. and yeah, it seems they have some quality control issues. Lots of problems with mold or unwraveling.

On top of that I have heard of very questionable bands on some of their cigars. I thought someone posted the story about the fake DPG blue labels from cbid on here if I remember correctly. Pretty much someone got a bundle of like 20 DPG blue labels and all of the bands were a much different shade blue than ones he had in a box. Also the label was a little of. SO I am staying away from them now.
Bailey, I remember hearing that too.  I also know of a guy who got a box of RP OWR (the BIG box) because they had a big sale and tried smoking a couple.  They were all off or plugged.  He returned them, no problem from ci.  We then spoke to a rep from RP.  The rep said RP was aware of ci's big sale, made them pull the sale because those boxes were actually re-banded 2nds.  I stay away from ci and cbid.

Anyone use famous' auction site?
I was told by someone (high ranking) at a major cigar manufacturer that they roll special cheaper blends for CI/CBid. Maybe that was what you had. As for the Famous auction site, I never got it to work although I've tried.
The auctions have been tempting but there are so many good deals from monster and Joe along with others I have never used the auctions.  I think some of the testimonies they use are not totally truthful in some ways Wink
I will admit to using their auctions on occasion, and so far, have found them to be ok.  I've gotten really good prices, and have never had a shipping issue.  BUT, I still think a good B&M is still the way to go.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:I will admit to using their auctions on occasion, and so far, have found them to be ok.  I've gotten really good prices, and have never had a shipping issue.  BUT, I still think a good B&M is still the way to go.
gosh...what I would give to have a nice b&m around here
madurodave Wrote:
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:I will admit to using their auctions on occasion, and so far, have found them to be ok.  I've gotten really good prices, and have never had a shipping issue.  BUT, I still think a good B&M is still the way to go.

gosh...what I would give to have a nice b&m around here [what]

13. What is CyP? Crap your pants????

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Quote:
Magnum PI Wrote:Do any of you guys buy stuff from cbid?  I stay away from the auction sites as I hear nothing but bad news.  Same with ci.
Joe, ci is cbid. and yeah, it seems they have some quality control issues. Lots of problems with mold or unwraveling.

On top of that I have heard of very questionable bands on some of their cigars. I thought someone posted the story about the fake DPG blue labels from cbid on here if I remember correctly. Pretty much someone got a bundle of like 20 DPG blue labels and all of the bands were a much different shade blue than ones he had in a box. Also the label was a little of. SO I am staying away from them now.
That story made it's way to back to Pepin and Janny Garcia confirmed that they were real.  I guess they switched up the bands a couple times.   I've ordered a few of the Joe's daily deals (blue label and 5 Vegas Miami) and the construction and flavor were spot on.   
wingo Wrote:
Quote:

That story made it's way to back to Pepin and Janny Garcia confirmed that they were real.  I guess they switched up the bands a couple times.   I've ordered a few of the Joe's daily deals (blue label and 5 Vegas Miami) and the construction and flavor were spot on.   

Could you imagine if that were true and just what they would be jepordizing?  Don't drink the kool-aid.  I have never had any problems but I prefer TBS!

tafdom Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:
[color="red"]gosh...what I would give to have a nice [color="darkred"]b&m[/color] around here[/color]

gosh...what I would give to have a nice b&m around here. . .

[smokin3]

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool