Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texting - I need a new phone
I've never sent a text message.  I really don't know how.  I guess I understand why kids like that stuff, but it's just another gadget to me.  My oldest is probably the only high schooler without a cell phone.  Maybe when he turns 16.  I don't want him to waste time on it, though.  With the stock market like it is, he's going to have to come up with some serious scholarship money to pay for school.

I used to have a Blackberry and the a Palm Trio, but they were such a bulky pain in the neck I went to the MoTo Razr.  I like the Razr.  It's a phone.  It works like a phone, and if it does something else, it's not in the way and I don't need to think about it.
bartok Wrote:I've never sent a text message.  I really don't know how.  I guess I understand why kids like that stuff, but it's just another gadget to me.  My oldest is probably the only high schooler without a cell phone.  Maybe when he turns 16.  I don't want him to waste time on it, though.  With the stock market like it is, he's going to have to come up with some serious scholarship money to pay for school.

I used to have a Blackberry and the a Palm Trio, but they were such a bulky pain in the neck I went to the MoTo Razr.  I like the Razr.  It's a phone.  It works like a phone, and if it does something else, it's not in the way and I don't need to think about it.
Texting is so easy and effective for a quick heads up or comment instead of making a call.  Some folks just don't see the value, me...no brainer.
I had the rumor with Sprint and loved it, the ENV is very close.
I now have the Palm Centro (which Verizon also has) and love it even more...
It's basically a Treo Light... Big Grin
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
aracos Wrote:I had the rumor with Sprint and loved it, the ENV is very close.
I now have the Palm Centro (which Verizon also has) and love it even more...
It's basically a Treo Light... Big Grin
The Centro was my suggestion as well.[thumbsup]
verizon is advertising a new 3g blackberry phone that looks damn interesting.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:verizon is advertising a new 3g blackberry phone that looks damn interesting.
i think skip is talking about the BB storm. although you dont need it i think its one of the nicest phone out there now.  touch screen that "clicks" and tons of neat features that make it very competitive with the iphone.

I personally have an ENV2 that i really like a lot, although i would be very hesitant to buy an LG in the future.  i have some problems and have had 2 new phones, and they have a poor history as far as lasting more than 6 months. 

as far as texting is concerned, i dont know if i would ever have another phone without a qwerty keyboard.  with texting being probably 68% of my phone usage, it is very nice.  the ENV2 executes that brilliantly.

i had a razr for 2.5 years.  quite possibly the best phone i have ever owned.  dropped it, sat on it, got it quite damp, beat it to sh*t and it NEVER missed a beat.  still works to, i was just due for an upgrade and cracked my front screen when i dropped a huge monkey wrench on the front of it.  still displays fine but it protective plastic on top is cracked. 

if motorola has a qwerty phone out now i would say thats your best bet. i personally love the BB storm but if you dont want to pay for the BB plan and use it to the fullest extent (which i wont do at this point), then the ENV2 it certainly a good good phone.  just make sure to use the warrantee if necessary.

good luck!!!

i have the krazr. love it and i swear, i will never own a phone that is not made by motorola
Dwunk txting from my college days.  Big Grin
I hardly ever send text messages now.

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:verizon is advertising a new 3g blackberry phone that looks damn interesting.
Be careful with the storm!  Many people had to send their 1st gen. back due to screen issues and I hear they are extremely slow at rotating and reacting to the accelorameter.:?
My wife just got the Samsung Propel and loves it...  the only problem is when I try to use it my big fingers always press more then one key at a time...   works great for her though...

I have a Krazr now and am happy with it... I will prob text more when I upgrade to the iPhone...