Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seasonal smokers?
    The weather is COLD here in the Northeast!  Alright... so nothing like the weather Tank or even Magnum PI are experiencing, but still far too cold to spend an hour on the front porch to enjoy a smoke. 

I became a member here in the Spring, and since then I've had no problem enjoying the experience.  My smoking enjoyment is limited to outside the house, as smoking inside just isn't an option (I rent).  To make matters worse, Pennsylvania passed a smoking ban that prohibits me from smoking in most public places.  My local tobacconist had a smoking lounge, but unfortunately it's a 35 minute drive (one way). 

If anyone is in a similar situation, I'd love to hear how you guys make it through the Winter.  Are there any options, or do you just enjoy the chat here at Stogie Chat during the "off-season"? 

[cigar]<--- This is you.

[baby] <-This is me.  [help]

I'm right there with ya bro!

I'm near Wilkes-Barre, Pa, and it's cold here too! I don't smoke inside, so I'm limited to the fire ring(I live in a rural area), or one of my outbuildings. My larger outbuilding has a coal stove that I sometimes light.

I feel your pain.[smokin2]

~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
I joined a local lounge...

Before that I used all sorts of heaters & a chiminia.

There's always the car....

Attached Files Image(s)

I know you will laugh since I'm from the sunny south, but when I think it is too cold I get in the truck, fire it up, crack open a window, run the heat with one vent pointing to the open window, turn on the radio and puff away.  Not very eco-friendly, but if the tobacco Nazi's had not screwed you over you would not have to pollute the atmosphere with your vehicle... I on the other hand have no excuse to be polluting - at least I do it with the truck that gets ~ 20mpg instead of the one that gets 9mpg...
[Image: 51539Z2TC9L._AA400_.jpg]$29.99 at Target.
I live in an apartment, and neither of my neighbors (upstairs or downstairs, its a converted home) have said they smell it, and i've asked them.
Vitamin G Wrote:[Image: 51539Z2TC9L._AA400_.jpg]$29.99 at Target.
I live in an apartment, and neither of my neighbors (upstairs or downstairs, its a converted home) have said they smell it, and i've asked them.
i have two of those in my basement and when i open up a window i get nice flow.  rarely ever smell it after a smoke if i leave them on for 15 mins after i finish it up.
Right now its 14 out.  Confusedhock:
Usually when it gets close to 40 I can get away with smoking.  Or if its something special like New Years, I'll stink the place up.  But other then that, I pretty much don't smoke till it warms up. 
We had a really mild fall and we had the windows open for a few weeks and I was smoking pretty much everyngiht.  It was awesome.
I smoke inside our apartment btw.  Open the kitchen and living room windows, put a box fan in the living room window pointed out and a small one like Vitamin G posted in the kitchen blowing in.  And if the wind is blowing right, all is well.

11.7 deg. outside right now. Big Grin   68deg. inside with my cigars. Tongue
I'm one of the lucky one's i guess...I have a 20'x15' enclosed back porch,it's not heated but thats easily fixed.

My lounge is 10 minutes away or I smoke in my heated garage.