Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merrill ceo
Is this guy for real [curse][wtf]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28112397/
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
i heard on the news today that he will forgo his bonus
John Thain is a top-notch executive.  He did a great job modernizing the NYSE as Grasso's successor.  He's easily worth $10M/year, no matter what he does.  When he says he kept losses to a minimum, I absolutely believe that - unlike Fuld at Lehman Bros - he really did.

However, I do agree that his judgment is a little out there on this one.   He's worth $300M+, so it's not like he needs it.  And if he hangs on, he will get it  and then some eventually.  Asking for it just sounds foolish. 
somehow...i dont feel ANY bonus should be asked for.  its a reward and should be gifted, not asked for.
davidwys Wrote:somehow...i dont feel ANY bonus should be asked for.  its a reward and should be gifted, not asked for.
It's often negotiated as part of a pay package, it's something that is eared as compensation for specific goals. It's more like a commission rather than a gift.
Keith Wrote:
davidwys Wrote:somehow...i dont feel ANY bonus should be asked for.  its a reward and should be gifted, not asked for.
It's often negotiated as part of a pay package, it's something that is eared as compensation for specific goals. It's more like a commission rather than a gift.
often, bonuses are a contractual obligation with no way out.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
Keith Wrote:
where do i get one of these contracts?  if bonuses were linked to performance i'd be an effing gozillionaire.  i've got a better beta than half the goddamned nyse and i got a plant.  Tongue
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Keith Wrote:
where do i get one of these contracts?  if bonuses were linked to performance i'd be an effing gozillionaire.  i've got a better beta than half the goddamned nyse and i got a plant.  Tongue
Geraniums dont count.
Keith Wrote:
Geraniums dont count.
i dont know what the eff it is only that it was half dead.  now it's all blooming like.
Keith Wrote:
Geraniums dont count.
i dont know what the eff it is only that it was half dead.  now it's all blooming like.

I think it's a hibiscus....& it looks good with 1 little strand of white lights on it. Tongue Big Grin

BTW....so what is this word...Bonus....that every one keeps mentioning....I've never heard of it...
Gold Club Member: ARC     ....   "not even close" - Jonas Grumby
[Image: schat2_zps32fzqtp2.jpg]
Order of the Javelin       If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...