Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2009 Vegas Herf Thread (aka The Mac and Tank Variety Show)
If I can show up, which I am thinking it will be a go.. I will have to show up on that weekend, and go home sunday.. Unless I can take a few vacation days, but I am not sure yet, the way they have been taking away our vacation days lately at work.
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Poriggity Wrote:If I can show up, which I am thinking it will be a go.. I will have to show up on that weekend, and go home sunday.. Unless I can take a few vacation days, but I am not sure yet, the way they have been taking away our vacation days lately at work.
Scott

How can they take away your vacation days? you earned them!!!  [mad][mad][mad]

Flatten their tires!!!!
Bluesman455 Wrote:
MaytagMan Wrote:The wife has given her blessing, so now school is the only hurdle...

Thinking about different transporation options, I looked at Amtrak, and it looks like it would be about $67 each way - not bad...    If I drove, the gas would cost me a lot more, and it is cheaper than flying...  plus, I could just relax and not have to worry about crap...

I would be about 10 hrs total...    Almost 4 hrs on a train from Modesto to Bakersfield, and then a bus for 6 hrs to LV...

So, I have never done the Amtrak/Bus thing...   is this something to consider?  Is it clean/safe/etc?   I guess I am more concerned about the bus part of the trip...

Also, where the hell would I end up in Vegas, and do they have shuttles there?

Thanks for the info!

I took Amtrak to Robs LI herf last year,8 hours to Penn Station then switched to LIRR out to LI. I was in first class (last car on the train,about $50 more each way but worth it IMO) very comfortable big leather reclining seats,free beverages (non alcohol) electric outlets to plug in your laptop ect...

I would only get to take the train about 3.5-4 hrs south...   there is no direct service to Vegas, so then I connect onto a Greyhound for 6ish hours...   the Greyhoud station is about 5 mi from the IP according to mapquest, so that should be a cheap cab ride or shuttle ride...   (?)

Still debating the ins and outs of each method...
Click HERE to help me by shopping via my Amazon Page!

This HERF will be EPIC!!!
Gunnar and I were talking today. The 4wheeling excursion is $180 and lasts for 7 hours, in the hot Nevada sun in July. So we are scrapping this for Saturday and plan to either golf or just chill.

I vote for pool time with beer and a cigar.
US_Tank Wrote:Gunnar and I were talking today. The 4wheeling excursion is $180 and lasts for 7 hours, in the hot Nevada sun in July. So we are scrapping this for Saturday and plan to either golf or just chill.

Damn, I was hopping to spend some quality time with Debbie while you were gone.Big Grin
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Gunnar and I were talking today. The 4wheeling excursion is $180 and lasts for 7 hours, in the hot Nevada sun in July. So we are scrapping this for Saturday and plan to either golf or just chill.

Damn, I was hopping to spend some quality time with Debbie while you were gone.Big Grin

Confusedhock:[bravo]Confusedhock:  Funniest post of this thread!  'atta boy, Jimmie[thumbsup]

Seriously though, I'd like to golf somewhere for my birthday so I'm going to bring my clubs if anyone's interested.  While I don't think I could handle 7 hours of atv trail riding in the desert in the end of July heat,  I think a round of golf earlier in the day would be a great birthday.Big Grin  I can always just go out with my bro-in-law as well...
macallan2 Wrote:
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:

Confusedhock:[bravo]Confusedhock:  Funniest post of this thread!  'atta boy, Jimmie[thumbsup]

Seriously though, I'd like to golf somewhere for my birthday so I'm going to bring my clubs if anyone's interested.  While I don't think I could handle 7 hours of atv trail riding in the desert in the end of July heat,  I think a round of golf earlier in the day would be a great birthday.Big Grin  I can always just go out with my bro-in-law as well...
I'll bring my clubs too

I'll bring my bat.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:

Well if you can get laid more power to you!  Big Grin