Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wine fridge humidor
Hello

A friend of mine is converting his wine fridge into a humidor. Any idea where he can have spanish cedar shelves custom made?

For some reason, I think I remember seeing something about a forum member making them....

An ideas?

Thanks!

Tim
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
You can buy spanish cedar wood and make a shelf. Are there shelves in there now, you can just line it with cedar or from cigar boxes. 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
yes use the boxs ceder trying to buying the cider shelfs are very $$$$
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
Yeah, there are wire racks in it right now....I saw some trays on ebay for $10 or so, he might pick up one or two of those. As far as the cigar boxes go, we were just talkin' about that. Are there any specific ones that would be better than another? Need some good smellin' boxes here!...lol

Great advice from a great community.

Thanks guys!

Tim

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Yea, don't get buy the acid or the flavor boxes. A local B&M usually sells boxes. Look for the ones that will give you the best value for the little money the B&M might charge you.

You can also buy cedar trays from here:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ch&Product_Code=TRAY
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Yea, don't get buy the acid or the flavor boxes. A local B&M usually sells boxes. Look for the ones that will give you the best value for the little money the B&M might charge you.

You can also buy cedar trays from here:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ch&Product_Code=TRAY

Thanks, knew about flavored...lol

Chris1980 is hooking me up with a few boxes, but those trays look sweet....Maybe a combination of both???

Thanks!

I had some trays built for my LFD box and they turned out great.  I dealt with a member on CF who helped me on mine.  You might be able to work out a trade for some of them too.

If your wine fridge is a thermoelectric you shouldn't have too much trouble even if they're loose.  If you have one with a condenser (as I have) then you will certainly want to at the very least keep them in the boxes.  I took out all but one of my wire racks so as to be able to stack more boxes in it.

MaduroAccountant Wrote:I had some trays built for my LFD box and they turned out great.  I dealt with a member on CF who helped me on mine.  You might be able to work out a trade for some of them too.

If your wine fridge is a thermoelectric you shouldn't have too much trouble even if they're loose.  If you have one with a condenser (as I have) then you will certainly want to at the very least keep them in the boxes.  I took out all but one of my wire racks so as to be able to stack more boxes in it.

Thanks for the info.

I believe the unit is thermoelectric. As I mentioned to Chris, we are keeping this at work to "age"/stage some sticks....Calling it the workidore...lol  [cigar]

I shipped the boxs today man should have them by fri
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
Sweet!

We just got the beads in today......Work-a-dor in progress!